Home General Discussion
Options

Cigars and Snacks.

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
Do any of you guys snack while smoking a cigar? I came home from work & found out the Wife & kids will be out for a while. Soooooooooooo, I headed for the Humi to light up a little one. I'm hungry and it got me to thinking, I can't recall having a snack with a stick.... So do you? If so, what are favortie ciagr snacks?

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Hmmmmm never thought about snacking while having a cigar.....just drink..... am not sure I'd want a solid seems like it would not be a good mix for the palette, although maybe peanuts?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Spicy jerky. my father in law makes some that pairs well with a habano. yummmmmm
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I like mixed lightly salted nuts, and small bits of european dark chocolate. But also with a good bourbon or scotch. The nuts help cleanse the palette, and the dark chocolate helps increase the flavor nuances especially in stronger, more robust cigars
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have to agree with both the spicy jerky and the dark chocolate...oh, and the Scotch as well. They all seem to pair nicely with either habano or my fav, maduro cigars.

• Options
    SaVas:
    I like mixed lightly salted nuts, and small bits of european dark chocolate. But also with a good bourbon or scotch. The nuts help cleanse the palette, and the dark chocolate helps increase the flavor nuances especially in stronger, more robust cigars
    Chocolate; I have actually had. I remember it did go really well.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm, salty nuts....

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    Mmmmmm, salty nuts....

wrong. oh so wrong
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I went to an Ashton event over the summer, and in addition to serving different types of scotch, they paired the cigars with complimenting chocolates.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I thnik chocolate would be perfect
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, chocolate is the only food I've eaten with a cigar. I had it along with a hot cocoa while it was damn cold outside. It went great with a maduro.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I've had celery before. Also I had these crackers that have cream cheese and chives in them. It didn't really change anything, cept the celery was really clean tasting after a draw. I usually eat before I smoke, so I'm not usually hungry, but sometimes I don't have a chance to eat, so I have to snack on something or I get a buzz from smoking.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    LOVE popcorn with them!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've never paired food with a cigar. The closest I've come to that is eating bread after a cigar to cleanse my palate a bit. I'd be interested in pairing some chocolate with a rich maduro though, have to try that one.
  • Options
    I don't know about snacks & cigars.It just don't feel right. Good whisky and a cold brew for me.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Dark chocolate Reeses with a maduro.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I really can't imagine having a snack while enjoying a cigar...but I do enjoy a snack afterwards sometime. It usually consists of someting sweet or just unsalted peanuts with a diet soda. It seems the peanuts and soda help to "cleanse" the palate.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Im telling you Peanut M&m's are the BOMB! I find that good rich Medium Body cigars to Mild Cigars are complimented well with them..... seems to make the coffee and leather flavors of the cigar blend well.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    On New Year's Day I cooked an 8lb Prime Rib on the rotisserie on my bbq and i took little bites of that and then puffed my 5vegas classic. MMMMMMMM so damn good.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My family makes about 300 lbs of smoked sausage a year. Pair that with sharp provolone, some homemade wine, and a nice spicy stick and I'm in heaven.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I also went to an Ashton event recently and they had scotch, dark chocolate, and oranges. The foods worked out great and brought something different to the table. I also have had good luck with pistachios.
  • Options
    At the cigar shop in Puerto Rico, they had all kinds of crackers, cheeses and meats and little hors d'oeuvres.  I really enjoyed pairing the snacks with my drinks between pairing my cigars with the drinks.  I probably ate while I smoked too, but I don't remember.  I was pretty buzzed. lol
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Chocolate, pretzel sticks, peanuts, jerky, even had cheese once, that was an interesting combo.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just finished smoking a ghost followed by a peice of red velvet cake it was a good combo..then again in my book red velvet cake goes good with anything
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I smoked a DC Maximus with some homemade fudge...that was AWESOME!
  • Options
    Love the DC Maximus!!!
    I was at a Holiday Party the other night. Some of us were outside by the fire having cigars when the hostess brought out Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts. Boy did those go well with the cigar (I thought anyway). Sweet, Salty & they were very Buttery. Really enhanced the cigar (or maybe that was the Drinks).
  • Options
    Home made chili!