Home Non Cigar Related

Hookahs!

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
I got one for Christmas! Was curious if anyone sle here smokes one, I've looked up how to smoke it, and am planning a purchase for some Shisha of various kinds (Including Drew Estates Acid Shisha line) Was wondering if people had some suggestions or just love of the Hookah.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I smoked in Iraq...don't remember too much about it though. I DO remember that it smells amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I smoke a Hookah rather frequently; its enjoyable, smells nice, tastes good, and its something the wife will take part in as well. I took a liking to Starbuzz Rose, and also a number the Haze brands (the Kiwi and Rasburry are quite tasty).
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    I like to mix ice mint with just about anything. Apple, fruit punch, rasberry , it just makes everything better!
    Shane is a big hookah smoker. He helped me get going awhile back.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I smoked a hookah in the 70s. But the that was different.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    PM to ya, Spencer.
    After much pestering of Shane and some research on the web, the wife isn't going to be happy...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hookah, the nargileh, ... the hubbleybubbly...

Don't that just take you back to your mis-spent youth!

Hashish, mister! Nothing not quondam hairy ever smelt better.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    The hookah, the nargileh, ... the hubbleybubbly...

Don't that just take you back to your mis-spent youth!

Hashish, mister! Nothing not quondam hairy ever smelt better.

Ain't that the truth?!?!
    I'd have two bowls for the one I'm getting but the county government that I work for makes me pee in a cup every so often... So, I guess 'gars, gas, gears and Guinness will hold me over until retirement.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    We have one and break it out every once in a while in the summer. I mix coffee and vanilla shisha together and have even added iced coffee in place of the water. It's fun and relaxing but not something I go for all the time. We got a two hose but if you entertain a lot, you might want to consider a 4 hose. I'm already considering an upgrade.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Nothing not quondam hairy ever smelt better.
    Damn. I was thinking about this phrase this morning. How often do you construct an apt triple negative?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I smoked a hookah in the 70s. But the that was different.
    Lmao I wasn't around for the 70's but agree 100% guess I'm not into tasting something I can eat or drink without eating or drinking it!
    Money can't buy taste
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Finally got to smoke tonight and holy crap the tastes are amazing and a long finish, I think I may give up cigarettes finally
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Finally got to smoke tonight and holy crap the tastes are amazing and a long finish, I think I may give up cigarettes finally
    not saying ur doing it wrong, but if u do it correctly the flavors are crazy, any questions shoot me a txt, I think dan pmd u with it (not online much)
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    Hayblet:
    not saying ur doing it wrong, but if u do it correctly the flavors are crazy, any questions shoot me a txt, I think dan pmd u with it (not online much)
    I'll add it to my phone I just keep forgetting, I'll shoot ya spome questions later on
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Thought I might bring this thread back since I just got a new hookah my self. I have smoked them many a time in the past but just got a nice large one from Israel off of amazon. I was never a fan of infused cigars but I do love aromatic pipe tobacco and I really enjoy the hookah. Just had some starbuzz peach last night and it was awesome.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    bump?
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Tangier's are the only...ONLY way to go.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Yup they're really good. You should learn to mix and match so you can get certain flavors such as mtn dew, sex on the beach, rum and coke, etc...
    Since it's starting to warm up, I guess it's time to get mine cleaned up and buy some more charcoal. Woot!