Home Cigar 101

Augusto Reyes cigars?

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
How are Augusto Reyes cigars? There is a sampler at my B&M for REALLY cheap and it includes Criollo, Epicur, Grand Cru, Maduro, and Nativo. Never smoked these, but they come out to $1.50 a stick. I am wondering if they are good quality smokes and getting that pack will give me a good variety to figure out what kind of smokes I might like.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Personally, I don't care for them. Any of em. I put em about 1 notch above VS cigars... but I've heard that some folks smoke em. To each they're own I guess, but for $1.50 I'd rather smoke a Fonseca Arana or a GH V2002 any day.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I've only met one BoTL that can stand any of the AR's. I've tried a couple and they were just plain nasty.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Just trust me and Steve on this... you can do without these. They really are bad.
    BigT06:
    Just trust me and Steve on this... you can do without these. They really are bad.
    +1!!!! They're not called "Disgusto Reyes" because they're good.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info.....this is why i need places like this.
    No prob. I wish I had BoTL like this to help me when I started. It probably would have saved me big bucks.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have some maduros from 2010 that are ok. They taste like raisins and cocoa which is strange.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd always wondered about these to. Try Pinar Del Rio. You can usually find samplers pretty cheap and they are good smokes. I'm especially fond of the sungrown, IMHO it's one of the best.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I'd always wondered about these to. Try Pinar Del Rio. You can usually find samplers pretty cheap and they are good smokes. I'm especially fond of the sungrown, IMHO it's one of the best.
    +1 i tried a few, for an everyday, not bad