Home Cigar 101

What Is On My Cigar?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I cut and lit this bad boy...but then I noticed it looks kind of strange. I doubt it's plume, don't think it's mold...and help would be appreciated.imageimage

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Looks like the pectin glue they use in construction. What kind of cigar is it? I had a Work of Art maduro that was splattered in the stuff also. It doesn't affect the flavor btw.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    AF Short Story, I think.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Looks like the pectin glue they use in construction. What kind of cigar is it? I had a Work of Art maduro that was splattered in the stuff also. It doesn't affect the flavor btw.
    thats my guess.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    bbass2:
    thats my guess.
    you all hit the nail on the head. some of the more complex shapes the glue is used to help keep things together. some rollers can get sloppy with it. some factories, if they are bad enough, will reject those and they will be seconds. Some, because it has no impact on flavor, will accept them and sell them as firsts.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Rain:
    AF Short Story, I think.
    Must be an AF thing because I smoked an AF Hemi Signature just a few minutes ago which had some of this on there as well.