Home General Discussion

Centurian Surprise (part 2)

Wow! This IS a fine cigar! I tried to make it last as long as I could. Great flavor with the right amount of tobacco taste and a good kick. Excellent aroma. The size and shape is very entertaining. You remove the band and suddenly realize that you have a lot more to enjoy. After smoking this cigar, I felt it necessary to rebute an earlier post where I kicked it pretty hard due to the draw. After a little overall cigar experience, I think I have chalked that 1st stick up to not removing enough of the cap. Right now I'm trying to decide where it fits in among my favorites.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, it is good. I wish I'd have bought more when it was the daily deal.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Russ55:

Ive had one and had a horrible experience. I have another one resting and may give it another shot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its my favorite gurkha
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had a few of the Centurians and I think they are a great smoke. Those, the Legends, and the Royal Brigade are my favorites.

I can feel the "Gurkha: love em or hate em" storm brewing here... Can we hide this thread from Maddy? ha
    kuzi16:
    its my favorite gurkha

Good to hear!
    How are you cutting it? most of my problems with it were burn issues!. It seemed that the burn never expandid, as the ring of the cigar expanded. It kept tunnelling on me.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    its my favorite gurkha
    Mine too I think....that's not saying much though
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    its my favorite gurkha

Good to hear!
    How are you cutting it? most of my problems with it were burn issues!. It seemed that the burn never expandid, as the ring of the cigar expanded. It kept tunnelling on me.

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Fourtotheflush:
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    its my favorite gurkha

Good to hear!

Using my Guillotine cutter. I think I cut about an 1/8" from each end. I think this helps with the draw. When I have burn issues with one...I try to touch it up...but I've never really had an issue with the filler burning faster than the wrapper, the real problems I've had with this stick is that it likes to come apart...much like many of the Gurkha's I've had. Hence...it's not saying much that it is my favorite Gurkha.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Fourtotheflush:
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    its my favorite gurkha

Good to hear!

Using my Guillotine cutter. I think I cut about an 1/8" from each end. I think this helps with the draw. When I have burn issues with one...I try to touch it up...but I've never really had an issue with the filler burning faster than the wrapper, the real problems I've had with this stick is that it likes to come apart...much like many of the Gurkha's I've had. Hence...it's not saying much that it is my favorite Gurkha.
    i only take maybe an 1/8th of an inch off of the end i dont light. (the head)

ive never had problems with Gurkha's construction as others have mentioned, but i hear you on the "its not saying much that its my favorite gurkha"

im finding that the more blends that gurkha puts out the less refined they get as a company. Gurkha has a blending style that many people pick up on after smoking most of their lines. yes the cigars taste different... but i feel that the overall style still shines through.

im not sure that could get any more vague but its just how i feel.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Russ55:

Ive had one and had a horrible experience. I have another one resting and may give it another shot.
    The last one I had fell apart on me. After about a half inch the wrapper started to uncoil. All that would burn was the binder and the filler. I tried to fix it, but there wasn't much I could do. It just kept unwrapping. It was disappointing, but hopefully just a one time occurrence. I still like them, even though I think the price is a little high.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I have 4 of these in my humidor. I'm gonna try one on Friday. I'm super excited about it, I've been sniffing them for the past few days ^_^
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

When will you guys learn?  If you want to smoke something, just ask!!

5 Gurkha Centurians - $30

Just email me (tblythe at cigar.com) and I will get you all set up!

• timb:

This solves my dilemma of what to get my brother for his birthday. Email coming momentarily.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    timb:

Now see, I didn't know that. I hate talking on the phone, as I do this all day for work. I've been having fourtotheflush order mine when he calls in. now that I know I can email, that solves the calling dilemma!
    cholmes8310:
    timb:

Now see, I didn't know that. I hate talking on the phone, as I do this all day for work. I've been having fourtotheflush order mine when he calls in. now that I know I can email, that solves the calling dilemma!
    Thats how my bad ordering habits started.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    timb:

Thats how my bad ordering habits started.
    What bad habits? Having to call back to add my order? haha