Home Cigar 101

Organic Humidifier

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that temps are consistently sub forty, I have a hygrometer reading sub sixty. Been putting off adding water to the humidifier because I don't have distilled. Was riding past the Otter's Pocket today and a light bulb went off. Dropped in their walk-in and my glasses fogged up. What a swamp they got workin there. One day I need to take a picture of their doo-dad blasting vapor full steam through a 2 1/2" plastic pipe. Place gets a drenching. Anyhow... Picked up a one buck Mr. D claro. Stuck it in the humi bout an hour ago. Was reading 57 in there when I stuck it in. It's already up to 60. A hunnerd percent organic humidifier! When it dries out, I'll smoke it. Nothing goes to waste.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Have they been informed how absurdly high their RH is in the humi? Sounds like buying any sticks from there is just a ticking time bomb of inviting a mold outbreak into your personal humidor.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Or beetles. O_O
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been to one place like this and yes there was mold!!!!! I didn't buy a thing since in my eyes with all the fans blowing around everything was contaminated!! Personally I wouldn't go back
    Money can't buy taste
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are a buzz kill.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Same thing happens with cc.com orders for me. Rh goes up in the smaller humis everytime I add a larger amount. (15 +)
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Didn't want to be a debbie downer, just being honest I wouldn't put any smokes from a shop like that in my aged stash. I've cared for my babies, well like a baby for 5 years now, and I wouldn't do it personally. Doesn't mean you shouldn't smoke a few bought cigars from there, but I wouldn't do that either because I know it would be a bad burner and less than enjoyable experience.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    webmost:
    You guys are a buzz kill.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was just having fun. I've since looked that Mr. B syick over pretty carefully. Don't see anything growing on it. Prolly all made out of brown paper bag and jimson weed anyways. I know they pur insecticide into that brown paper, so that prolly deters mold.

A couple motorcycle riders are coming over this afternoon for some wrenching. Ondoe of them bought a 1999 KLR650 for $1,400 in way the heck down in Nashville that runs like crap and is missing pieces. Flew down to fetch it -- should have turned round and flown back. He obviously has neither discretion nor common sense. The other guy is a KLRista who wants to do some camping. Surely we'll all grab a beer and spark up something. I'll burn the B and report.