Home Cigar 101

Pepin's Blends?

Well had a Pepin Blue over the weekend(toro size.... two hours of pure bliss).....GREAT cigar. Just wondering if those who have smoked the different cigars in the line could elaborate on some differences between the black,JJ,Cuban classic,and blue/ are there any cigars out there that match/beat the Pepin blue flavor profile.

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Haven't had the blue, but, a Don Pepin Cuban Classic with a little age on it is delicious. Spicy, spicy pepin flavors with amazing undertones that taste almost like eating a steak. One of my go-to's. The Serie JJ is great because it has just this subtle sweetness along with the spice that I LOVE.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Haven't had the blue, but, a Don Pepin Cuban Classic with a little age on it is delicious. Spicy, spicy pepin flavors with amazing undertones that taste almost like eating a steak. One of my go-to's. The Serie JJ is great because it has just this subtle sweetness along with the spice that I LOVE.
    I've only had the JJ and CC and I like the CC much better...I really like the spicy and that is one spicy meatball. The JJ is good too, but I just wasn't as much of a fan of that subtle sweetness you describe. Oh yeah, I've had the 601s too and I loved those, especially the green guy.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The others have this close to right. There are basically subtle nuances between the DPG lines. Aside from the Tabacos Baez and My Father which are both quite different than his other lines. DPG is known for that spicy, cubanesque flavor.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I haven't had the blue, so I cannot comment. I've had the cc and the jj, and the cc was by far better. Granted, I had the CC with some age, and it tasted like steak, fantastic cigar. I've also had a lot of the 5 Vegas blends, but those are a different animal all together.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a classic or should I say the garcia (what is the blue label, this label was blue) while golfing, great cigar, though someone needs to tell me how to golf and enjoy a cigar, the damn thing was in my way all day. I probably need a cigar stand, maybe that will work.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a classic or should I say the garcia (what is the blue label, this label was blue) while golfing, great cigar, though someone needs to tell me how to golf and enjoy a cigar, the damn thing was in my way all day. I probably need a cigar stand, maybe that will work.
    Yeh I have the same problem, everyone talking about the "yard-gar" I cant seem to enjoy in, I mean when I rake leaves, I RAKE LEAVES, no p.u.s.s.y footing around, head down and rake till its done!!!!, does yard-garing = p.u.s.s.y footing?LOL!
    Golf with a cigar is easy...toss the be-atch on the tee blocks when you're ready to drive...same with the fairway...on the green, putt whilst smoking. And if you're in the rough as much as me, keep it in your mouth there too or you'll lose it in the weeds.

As for the yard-gar, I can't do yard work and smoke...I have a big-ass yard and if I set it down to rake or whatever, it takes too long to get back and forth too it.

I came up with a solution though...you ever see those holders musicians wear around their necks to hold a harmonica at mouth level? I'm gonna make something similar for cigars so I can smoke and rake.
  • madurofan:
    ...Tabacos Baez and My Father......
    two of the best, right there.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Luko:
    Golf with a cigar is easy...toss the be-atch on the tee blocks when you're ready to drive...same with the fairway...on the green, putt whilst smoking. And if you're in the rough as much as me, keep it in your mouth there too or you'll lose it in the weeds.

As for the yard-gar, I can't do yard work and smoke...I have a big-ass yard and if I set it down to rake or whatever, it takes too long to get back and forth too it.

I came up with a solution though...you ever see those holders musicians wear around their necks to hold a harmonica at mouth level? I'm gonna make something similar for cigars so I can smoke and rake.
    GENIUS!! i'm investing heavy in this product , ill take 49.5% of the shares right now! oh and you have to put in a GPS , mp3 player , and facebook ...oh nothing like owning half the stock in the new igar
    Y'all ****. Just bite the damn thing and rake! You're telling me you can't rake with a cigar in your mouth or in between your index and middle finger on one hand.
    madurofan:
    Y'all ****. Just bite the damn thing and rake! You're telling me you can't rake with a cigar in your mouth or in between your index and middle finger on one hand.
    Dude, you got a postage stamp for a yard, right? Come to Pgh sometime and you can help me rake the lower 40 and then we'll smoke and bs...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Dude, you got a postage stamp for a yard, right? Come to Pgh sometime and you can help me rake the lower 40 and then we'll smoke and bs...
    Sweet! I'm on my way...sent my rake ahead.
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    I do have a postage stamp but thats neither here nor there. I'll rent the leaf vac and you supply the bourbon and cigars?
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Three easy steps to smoke while doing yard work.

1. Pick out a great smoke
    2. Get a comfy chair
    3. Hire a local kid and under-pay him to do the work.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've quickly become a big fan of the Don Pepin blend. The Cuban Classic is an awesome smoke, but I like the Blue as well. The 601 Green is amazing and I think my favorite is the My Father. That smoke had so much flavor and was so damn good I think I might have stained my shorts the night I smoked it! haha
    Now that we are back to pepins, go to wiki and search for pepin. It will show you which factory makes each of the cigars. Notice that the El Rey de Mundo factory is the one pumping out the hit after hit.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Uummmm El Rey Del Mundo ...I've got me some love for those sticks ...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    gmill880:
    Uummmm El Rey Del Mundo ...I've got me some love for those sticks ...

I cut my cigar teeth on the El Rey Del Mundo Flor Del Mundo cigar! Yum!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I thought his factory was El Rey de los Habanos?
    Yes, just a little tired while typing.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    Three easy steps to smoke while doing yard work.

1. Pick out a great smoke
    2. Get a comfy chair
    3. Hire a local kid and under-pay him to do the work.
    4. Kid gets hooked on cigar smoking by watching you
    5. You get arrested for endangering a minor
    6. You wait 4 years and then sneak into kids room and cautiously put his hand in warm water and his cigars next to him on the bed
    Welcome back Lassy, where you been?
    madurofan:
    I've been dealing with Family and work stuff... Just got back into the swing of things... Just making sure you guys are keeping things light around here! And Thanks for Having me back!
    Lasabar:
    madurofan:
    I've been dealing with Family and work stuff... Just got back into the swing of things... Just making sure you guys are keeping things light around here! And Thanks for Having me back!
    Hope everything is ok bro. We've been wondering where you went. I was hoping you hadn't woke up in mexico with a couple empty cases of miller lite and missing a kidney or something.
    madurofan:
    Lasabar:
    madurofan:
    Hope everything is ok bro. We've been wondering where you went. I was hoping you hadn't woke up in mexico with a couple empty cases of miller lite and missing a kidney or something.
    Sad thing is that I'd be more pissed about the Empty Miller... but then realize I would be in Mexico and then Buy some Cubans and catch a Donkey Show...

And yes, everything is okay, thanks for asking... I love this place too much to stay away for too long!