Home Cigar 101

Which Padron to get?

biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
I have never smoked a Padron before. I was thinking about buying a couple with my next order. Which ones would you recommend?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    '64 Anniversay Maduro principale...one of my faves for a quality quickie.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have never had one, perhaps a little sampler? They do everything in natural and maduro. Try one or the other (or both?) in each of the lines. The 2000 is a great cheap smoke that can be found almost everywhere. In the '64 and '26, check out the sizes and pick the one that most appeals. You really can't go wrong with whatever you choose.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd get the 2k, 3k, and 5k in nat and maduro. And I'd trade for a '64 or '26 because you're probably going to enjoy one of those more if it has some rest/age on it.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Which Parton to get? All of them.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id go with the 3000 in natural and maduro. you will get a decent idea of what the blending style is all about. if you like those you can then feel less worried about spending the coin on the more expensive blends.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    id go with the 3000 in natural and maduro. you will get a decent idea of what the blending style is all about. if you like those you can then feel less worried about spending the coin on the more expensive blends.
    Perfect. Thank you!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi gives good advice. But so does Dustin. They are all worth trying. Plus, if you happen to have some you don't like, you could trade em for something you do like in about .05 seconds.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Yes. I've been meaning to buy more Padron. Like mentioned previously they age great!
    But (much like Fuente for me), you can't go wrong with whatever you get. Go with a 26 or 64 (any size in my opinion).
  • The only Padrons I've had were the 1964 Anniversary and they were amazing... will definately be trying the other sticks
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The 64 exclusivo will always be a staple in my humis!! But for a cheap flavorful smoke I like the londres maddy...but as stated you can't go wrong with any of them!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    The 3000 is a great value in the 5 packs. But yeah they all are great.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Rhamlin:
    kuzi16:
    The 3000 is a great value in the 5 packs. But yeah they all are great.
    Agreed...great smoke that won't break the budget
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Padron 64 is my favorite cigar so far.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    kuzi16:
    ......This is very good advice, (and if memory serves, it's just about what I did) but I would go straight for the '26. I think they are some of the very best cigars legally avaliable to us. If you don't like it, then forget about all the other Padrons.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    I did end up with 2 of the 3000's natural and maduro. Really looking forward to trying them.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    That's a good place to start!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Thank for the thread btw. provided some insight for me. I have been looking for some nice cigars for my buddies wedding this summer. I have pretty much set my mind on Padron after ruling out Opus after trying it! As the best man I feel obligated to bring the best cigars though =p
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    1964 85th anniversary, hands down my favorite cigar of all time.....pricey but worth it once in a while
  • The 1964 series is what I would suggest. Or the 85th anniversary and the other high dollar editions. I'm not a fan of the regular Padron's though...but if price is a factor then I would do what most of these guys are saying :)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    The 1964 series is what I would suggest. Or the 85th anniversary and the other high dollar editions. I'm not a fan of the regular Padron's though...but if price is a factor then I would do what most of these guys are saying :)
    IMO the normal padron line is best when aged especially the naturals even a nap of 9 monthes does wonders too them. But personally I try too rest all of them if I can lol...
    Money can't buy taste
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the 64, 26, family reserves, 40th and 80th. The 64 I though was a bit stronger than the 26, though now a days I like both. I hope your like the one's you got, if you do they get better.
  • Lee.mcglynn:
    Jasonc1982:
    The 1964 series is what I would suggest. Or the 85th anniversary and the other high dollar editions. I'm not a fan of the regular Padron's though...but if price is a factor then I would do what most of these guys are saying :)
    IMO the normal padron line is best when aged especially the naturals even a nap of 9 monthes does wonders too them. But personally I try too rest all of them if I can lol...
    Hmmm...I'll have to try that. I hope they have some in stock around here :P. If not I'll just buy more Liga Privada's lol...which are also very good aged.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    + 1