Home Ratings & Reviews

KRISTOFF'S

I have had a few kristoffs and after further thought a was stocking a box today at the shop and was like those are really good. Often overlooked but in my opinion they are well built, they smoke very well, and are complex in flavor. Need more kristoffs in personal stock I think........

#DE4L #StillPuffin

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one's have you had?

And I agree, they're often overlooked --- I've only had the Sumatra and Criollo, but they were both great. And they've been on my "buy more" list for quite some time, but I always seem to pass them up and buy something else instead.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Corojo Limitada is my favorite

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I had the Maduro not too long ago, I wasn't impressed by it at all. Thought it would be a little bit better given the reviews I've read. Was deff a downer for me. :[
  • I've had quite a few of the GC. Solid smoke in my opinion.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I enjoy most of the lines. They are not the best burning cigars, cause most of em are pretty oily, but they all have nice flavors to them.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've had quite a few Kristoffs and I'm not terribly impressed with them. They burn wonky but I'm okay with that. They just seem one dimensional to me, not complex. I used to be okay with that, as long as I liked that flavor, but lately one dimensional cigars have become boring to me.

This opinion is based on mostly smoking the criollo, maduro and the ligero of each. I've got a Sumatra and GC left in the humi with high hopes for each. I'm hoping those pull through, I've read quite a bit of positive reviews of the GC.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a sampler pack of Kristoffs on a whim one time because the price was good, and fell in love. Maduro, Sumatra, Criollo, the "double line, doesn't matter... Every one was a great smoking experience to me. I would never pass on one of these.
  • Kinda funny. I went down to Myrtle Beach some years back and picked myself up a good handfull of cigars. I had bought a Kristoff Maduro and the store owner said they were no good. Of course I had to take him up on this challenge and bought it anyways. I am glad I did. One of the best maduro's I've ever had. I've had the maduro,criollo,sumatran,corojo limitada,and the signature series. The signature series I believe is the best blend out of all of them...think I got about 3 in the humi.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost bought a couple the other day at a B&M, went with Hemingway Signature and Opus X instead. Maybe next time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    almost bought a couple the other day at a B&M, went with Hemingway Signature and Opus X instead. Maybe next time.
    Still good pick-ups, next time look for the Kristoffs though, great cigar at a great price.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm a big fan of the Kristoff line. Glen Case is good peeps and he's putting out some serious winners IMO
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    I'm a big fan of the Kristoff line. Glen Case is good peeps and he's putting out some serious winners IMO
    Glen is a great guy had a chance to sit and smoke with him on 2 occasions at the shop with his rep Irv. Glen is a very good guy very knowledgeable and forthcoming with the questions I had for him. If you ever meet him its a true pleasure!

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    puffmaster:
    ENFIDL:
    Glen is a great guy had a chance to sit and smoke with him on 2 occasions at the shop with his rep Irv. Glen is a very good guy very knowledgeable and forthcoming with the questions I had for him. If you ever meet him its a true pleasure!
    A huge +1 on this!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    puffmaster:
    ENFIDL:
    A huge +1 on this!
    I can also agree on this. Glen was at an event at my local B&M and he hung out and BS'd with everyone up until closing time. Funny, funny guy. I would highly recommend the GC Signature. It's my favorite in the line.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had a few but I really enjoyed them. Don't know why I haven't picked up a 5 pack yet.