Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Diageo starting Stitzel-Weller back up

jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
Source. Some very good stuff came out of (and still comes out of tankers of) Stitzel-Weller in the old days. Sounds like they still have the recipes and the yeast. Should be interesting to see if Diageo can do this right and make a run for the craft distiller market... or if it is going to be just a marketing gimmick "What Van Winkle used to use". Not gunna lie, I am a bit excited.

Comments

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jthanatos:
    Source. Some very good stuff came out of (and still comes out of tankers of) Stitzel-Weller in the old days. Sounds like they still have the recipes and the yeast. Should be interesting to see if Diageo can do this right and make a run for the craft distiller market... or if it is going to be just a marketing gimmick "What Van Winkle used to use". Not gunna lie, I am a bit excited.
    That is very good news....can't believe you knew about this before I did. I got to git outta my cave more often, or just read more. I don't believe the good ole boys that made/make Pappys will allow anyone to pull a fast one with their baby....this could be the real deal.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    jthanatos:
    That is very good news....can't believe you knew about this before I did. I got to git outta my cave more often, or just read more. I don't believe the good ole boys that made/make Pappys will allow anyone to pull a fast one with their baby....this could be the real deal.
    Time will tell. I just worry about the state of the stills, as in, will they keep the classic stuff or go modern like Diageo has done with a lot of their Scotch distilleries. And will the demand from both whiskey geeks and marketing hounds make them put out either too young spirits or not maintain the extremely selective barrel selection SW was known for? Either way, we shall see in 8ish years.