Home Ratings & Reviews

RP Royal Vintage

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Ok, I have had 2 RP Royal Vintages and BOTH have had terrible burn issues. In fact, I have never had a cigar burn this bad before, it's ridiculous. I wonder if it was the rollers fault. Has anyone else tried these cigars yet ? Did you have burn issues with them? I really liked the flavor, but the burn issue is so bad, it will keep me from buying more.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have one in the humi i plan on setting on fire tomorrow night, i'll let you know. I had the same problems with the I-Press, Love the blend but it burned every which way but straight. (love the avatar by the way, i was thinking about that until you got to it)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    cool. thanks, let me know how u like it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Tried it today, had enough time to fir it in before work tonight. Flavor was really good. Tasted kinda Vintage 90/92-ish. Smooth with a nice cedar thing going on. I like the blend but like you the burn was all over the place. After it ashed i looked down it and you can see the center of the roll was not the center of the cigar, this will usually cause an uneven burn. I had to motivate mine with my torch about every 10 or so minutes. Good blend, bad construction and burn....needs to fire that roller. :)
    Great, well, not that your cigar burned like crap, but the fact now I know it's not just me. Like you, I also really liked the blend, I kinda think of it as a RP Vintage 91 ;) I just wish the roll was alot better this would make it a GREAT smoke. One (if not) my biggest pet peeve about cigars is having a bad burn. Mine was sooo bad that even though I really liked the taste, I wouldn't buy them again because of the burn.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    I too have had some issues with the burn. I gave out these cigars in addition to the I-Press. The I-Press were great, however the majority of the Royal Vintage had significant burn problems (canoe). The flavor is great, just annoying to have the contend with the burn the whole time.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I bought two of these last month and tried one today after lunch. It tasted nice, and had a pleasant aroma. It does seem kind of 90/92ish, but it has a harshness that those don't. Mine had some construction issues as well. It started coming apart from the moment I took my first puff. After about an inch into it I was getting tired of spitting out tobacco, and pasting the wrapper back into place. Then it cracked just below the band. It's been sitting at about 68% RH for a month, so I'm not sure what the deal is.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I thought is was decent and 90/92 ish as well. I agree it needs some age, odd for a cigar that called a "Vintage". I also had construction issues! but I assumed that was because it had been in baggies and the travel humi since I bought it.
    madurofan:
    I thought is was decent and 90/92 ish as well. I agree it needs some age, odd for a cigar that called a "Vintage". I also had construction issues! but I assumed that was because it had been in baggies and the travel humi since I bought it.
    Sounds like you guys also had the same issues I did, glad I'm not alone. I do love the flavor of these smokes, I just wish the burn/quality was better, especially if it has "Vintage" in the name. I can tell you one thing though, until they improve the quality I will not buy any boxes of these.

"Long ashes my friends."