Home Ratings & Reviews

LPH Grand Pearl - anyone tried it?

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
If so, how was it??
The description sounds good, and the 1997 CT wrapper is enticing ... how are the flavors on this one?

I've enjoyed other LPHs, construction always seems to be good -- but I couldn't dig up much else on these, Google only offered a couple results and it wasn't what I wanted.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    No one, huh? I'm curious about this one too, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a more pricey entry from a budget company.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    pbchevo just posted about one on "Whatcha smokin this morning?" His was "a little green" but you might wanna pm him.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    No one, huh? I'm curious about this one too, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a more pricey entry from a budget company.
    Agreed Ken. This one sounds good, but then again the descriptions make the Gurkha's on here sound good, LOL.

ddubridge:
    pbchevo just posted about one on "Whatcha smokin this morning?" His was "a little green" but you might wanna pm him.
    Thanks for the heads up brother.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Ken Light:
    Agreed Ken. This one sounds good, but then again the descriptions make the Gurkha's on here sound good, LOL.

ddubridge:
    Thanks for the heads up brother.

Yea... But Gurkhas are like prom night.... If you can wait a bit it might be worth it.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked the one from the COTM the other night. Didn't leave it in the humidor long enough, but I enjoyed it. I got more taste of cream, and vanilla, than I've ever had from any other cigar. I think if you like Connecticuts, you'll like it. Pricey though, isn't it?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Smoked the one from the COTM the other night. Didn't leave it in the humidor long enough, but I enjoyed it. I got more taste of cream, and vanilla, than I've ever had from any other cigar. I think if you like Connecticuts, you'll like it. Pricey though, isn't it?
    I might have to give this a try, I really enjoy flavorful connies. IDK if I'd call it pricey, I think they list it at 10 for a single robusto, but the tin of 10 is 60, so 6 each isn't pricey IMO (if they're good).
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    A BOTL, who's taste I absolutely trust, smoked one a while back. His thoughts were: "OK Connie, nothing special", "Glad I didn't buy it", and "Wouldn't buy, even on sale".
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    about what i thought with 1 rott of a fiver about a month ago, you can them pretty cheap at a bid , havent had a second one yet, i got 5 for 21.00 shipped
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    10 for a single robusto, but the tin of 10 is 60, so 6 each isn't pricey IMO (if they're good).
    Single price of $10 for an LPH, IMO is too pricy. 6 isn't too bad though.....
    jj20030:
    you can them pretty cheap at a bid , havent had a second one yet, i got 5 for 21.00 shipped
    But that's more like it, 4-ish is what I'd expect to pay for an LPH....
    Steve2010:
    A BOTL, who's taste I absolutely trust, smoked one a while back. His thoughts were: "OK Connie, nothing special", "Glad I didn't buy it", and "Wouldn't buy, even on sale".
    Exactly why I'd be hesitant to pay MSRP for them .... scares me off a little bit hearing this, but if I can get a few for $4ish/stick I'll probably still give it a shot. Wonder if they'd get any better with some time in the humidor too....