Home General Discussion

Pipes

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not much action going on in the pipe threads. Thought I'd post here as well.

Has anyone bought c.com's pipe starter kit? I have zero knowledge of pipe smoking. Thinking of trying something diff. Where are the reg. pipe smokers at?
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I have not bought ccoms starter kit but i inherited my Grandads pipes and tools. Im pretty new to it. The best way i can describe it is different. Im still not very good at packing a pipe on average i have to relight it about 4 times but every once in a while it get a bowl that i only had to relight twice. Its a fun hobby and i enjoy going through the ritual of preparing and smoking it. Just not as relaxing as a cigar in my opinion but great for the colder months. The key I have found is stick with it and find yourself a good tobacco. I am fortunate to live near a shop that has a tone of pipe tobbacco and gives out free samples if you don't mind hanging around the store and smoking it with them.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to get some feed back to see if those kits are any good. My fav b&m carry an assortment of pipes tobacco etc. Plus a few of the So Cali herf guys blend their own. But I can't see myself buying a $100+ pipe just yet if I have no idea what I'm doing.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    i would go with the 40$ kit just to start off or even a corn cob. You can also check your shop they could proboly hook you up with a cheap brylon pipe cleaners and a tamper for less than 20. Its nothing fancy but it will get you started.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we got my son the starter kit.he was very happy with it.good starter pipe and so far he has been happy with the tobacco,for that price i dont think you can go wrong.
    no matter where you go, there you are.