Home General Discussion
Options

Lighter Inserts

Ive been looking around for a torch lighter. I usually use matches, but I want the option for when I am out with people. I just hate carrying matches in my pocket. I've come across a bunch of places that have inserts for Zippo lighters that convert it into a butane torch. Are they any good or am I better off spending that money on an actual torch?

Comments

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Stay away from the Thunderbird inserts. The Jet Line Zippo insert that's on the sister site is OK.

But honestly, your best bet is to get something Xikar or Bugatti. I have Xikar Inpress as well as the Bugatti B1 and B1001. No problems with any of them.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it really defeats the purpose of having a zippo. I still have my zippo and I love doing the fancy tricks with it. Once altered it's not the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOHwjDzUDnE
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I had a z+ insert... worked fine... had the same look and feel of the zippo.... but beware... they do not fit well in all the zippos
  • Options
    JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    macs-smokes:
    I had a z+ insert... worked fine... had the same look and feel of the zippo.... but beware... they do not fit well in all the zippos
    That was the first thing I noticed in the descriptions. "Fits most zippos." For me, "most" usually means "it doesn't fit your's" cuz that is how my luck runs.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd just buy a torch...you can get one with a cutter or punch on it so you always can smoke lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I got a lighter from Gryphon Humidors that's a Zippo-style lighter with a Z-plus butane insert. Works great, got a great price on it, check 'em out here scroll down to get to the torch lighter.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Personally, I would stick with a torch. I have a single and a triple flame. My triple is a Colibri Enterprise w/ a punch and a fuel window. Just love it ! ! I am using 5x fuel filler. You should use at a minimum of 3x fuel re-filler. The burn is nice and clean. Doesn't seem to clog the jets. The punch is so handy in case you forget your cutter.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I just buy the Ronson jet lights from Walmart for under $4. They work in the wind and the price is right. They don't come with much butane or it just runs out quickly, but they are refillable. I haven't used mine enough to see how they work after a refill, yet. Certainly not enough to know how many fills they will take before clogging, but I'm not too worried at that price, especially if you use matches mostly.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    The jet Liltes are virtually bulletproof. The added plus is you don't HAVE to use triple/quadruple refined butane.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    X3 on the jet lites, ive gone through a can of cheapo butane in one of mine and it still does fine.