Home Cigar 101
Options

Cooler question

JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
I've had a cooler going for some time, now, and I've not had any issues with rh or temp. Still don't. But I had a question come to me and wanna make sure I'm doing this right. I have 2 boxes in there and a bunch of singles. The boxes are two different types. I've got a box of CCom Brazilian label and a box of Verdadero Organic OSG. And all the singles are organized in open ziploc bags. For example, I've got a Pinar Del Rio torpedo sampler divided among 3 bags and some AJF Overruns in another. This is more to keep all the singles from rolling all over the place than anything. But will this effect the smokes' ability to absorb moisture? Should I add some extra Boveda packs in the boxes just to be safe? I have a couple 69's just sitting in there right now and it stays 67-69 all the time.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Your thinking too much!! Your fine!! If everything is stable why change it??
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1 dont fix it, if it aint broken!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1 dont fix it, if it aint broken!
    +2

I got a similar setup. I keep a humi-pillow in some of the boxes with lids that I don't open that often.
    But the boxes (without lids) and bags that I use for "bulk storage" --- I don't usually keep any "extra" humidity sources in them, and never had an issue.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Dude my coolidor is a mess but it's still the best humi I own. The temp and RH are constantly stable. I have the Caliber III hygrometer so I can check my highs and lows... and they don't budge barring change change of season. I didn't bother lining it with Spanish cedar or anything like that. I couldn't even find Spanish cedar. I just went to a local B&M I hang out at and they tossed some empty cigar boxes my way. That's all I do. I keep beads and those boxes in there (plus about 150 sticks) and that thing stays perfect. You're golden, man.
  • Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Big T smokes:
    Dude my coolidor is a mess but it's still the best humi I own.

Quoted for truth. I have thought about getting rid of my desktop many times and just using the coolidor. After I converted to big zip lock bags instead a lof of cigar boxes, it seems my storage is near limitless. I have several boxes and 140ish singles and plenty room for more!