Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Triple Maduro

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, I smoked my Camacho Triple Maduro that I got from the BB project. Great cigar, good flavor. Started out little spicy, but that went away as I got into it. First triple maduro I ever smoked (I'm not aware of any other triples out there) and was very pleased. Anyone else smoke their's yet?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I have mine resting.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I love my Camacho Triple Maduro. It's a fantastic, strong cigar thats great for just sitting and relaxing fo a long while. I usually take almost 2 hours to smoke the torps or mas gordos. It's a great, strong presentation from Camacho. My first box purchase.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i was pleasently surprised that the robusto took about 2hrs to smoke. I'd definitley buy another one of these.

"Long ashes my friends."

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've really gotta try the Triple Maduro. I've had a few of the Camacho smokes and they were all really good. The ones I haven't tried yet but need to are the Trip Maddy, 1962, and the PE.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camacho is great. the 1962 is good. I just got the brand new camacho connecticut but have yet to smoke it.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Comacho is a great brand overall. Triple Maddy, 1962, Coyolar, Corojo, haven't had a bad one yet. But take the Triple Maddy on a full belly and smoke it slooow, tons of flavor and stout.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love them, have 2 boxes! lol. I have to say that I haven't been overly impressed with their cigars though, the only other one I thought was okay was the scorpio. I do have some of the liberties that I haven't had yet so I don't know about them.....
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Got one in the humi, need to burn it. Havent gotten my BB Project sticks though. If you can manage to make it to a CAO event, the one with John Huber, they are travelling around with an MX3. I'm looking forward to trying a Legendario, i cant find em yet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    If you can manage to make it to a CAO event, the one with John Huber, they are travelling around with an MX3.
    MX3?!? sweet.
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm looking forward to trying a Legendario, i cant find em yet.
    when you do smoke it right away. they dont age too well.
    Thanks Kooz! I'm going to go b&m cruising after i get off and see if i can sniff one of em out.
    There is going to be a CAO event at one of my local area shops with Tim Ozgener there for a tasting of the LX2. I've had a couple and I thought they were a decent smoke. I prefer the MX2, but the LX wasn't bad at all. Good full bodied smoke, but honestly not as strong as I expected. I can honestly say I've never had a cigar put me down... Maybe some day I will meet my match.
    Ever had a JDN Antano? Gurkha Triple Ligero is pretty damn potent too.
    Haven't had the 1st one, but the triple ligero was mild, at least to me. Though I really enjoy it, I was expecting more punch. The padron 26/64 was stronger. A opus x **** that hasn't been seasoned is pretty strong. I had one over the weekend, though it has had some age to it, but less than a year. probably the strongest cigar I've had. Didn't put me down though, I just didn't smoke it super fast. I'm like puro, I'd like to meet my match, but haven't yet. I've had some strong cigars, but never to the point of me getting woosey. Then again I can smoke cigars in the morning on the way to my first job and I usually don't eat breakfast. Had a opus x lancero the other morning...
    phobicsquirrel:
    Haven't had the 1st one, but the triple ligero was mild, at least to me. Though I really enjoy it, I was expecting more punch. The padron 26/64 was stronger. A opus x **** that hasn't been seasoned is pretty strong. I had one over the weekend, though it has had some age to it, but less than a year. probably the strongest cigar I've had. Didn't put me down though, I just didn't smoke it super fast. I'm like puro, I'd like to meet my match, but haven't yet. I've had some strong cigars, but never to the point of me getting woosey. Then again I can smoke cigars in the morning on the way to my first job and I usually don't eat breakfast. Had a opus x lancero the other morning...
    I've heard the La Flor Chiselito is one that will put ya down, but I haven't had one yet. I need to pick up a couple of these little guys to try.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've heard the La Flor Chiselito is one that will put ya down, but I haven't had one yet. I need to pick up a couple of these little guys to try.

the chiselito is a great cigar, but I don't think it would knock you down. I really enjoy the strong cigars. A bit thai stick is a neccesary part of the equation for me.

I have got too much of a good thing with the both the camacho triple maduro 11/11 and the bigger JDN antona but it was with an empty stomach... I didn't like the JDN as well as the other mentioned full cigars. I had picked up a box of the triple maduro and the diploma limited both 11/18 - great smokes.
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    They are strong, not stronger than a opus though.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    hey squirrel, would any of those be the opuses I've sent you? Hope you enjoy them either way bro. And I agree, the **** is an asskicker. They don't call it the "power ranger" for nothing.
    I think you sent me the lancero and a power ranger or 2..
    Burned a Triple Maduro tonight. Pretty darn good! It really got interesting 1/2 way down!
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Had one over the weekend with my brother....awesome, awesome cigar.....excellent spiciness but also a real sweet, cocoa and cedar flavor....I'm not good at describing everything in the taste but this was one of the best cigars I have had....I was thinking it was full bodied as I smoked it but then had a Don Pepin Blue the next night and that one showed me what full bodied was all about....the Triple Maduro was definitely better for me (I really enjoyed the flavors a lot more than the Pein)  but I'd say it is kind of medium to full bodied rather than full bodied.

The triple maduro is a little pricey but one where when you are finished you say "Damn worth it"
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I agree; you need a LONG time to even burn the Robusto size, though, so make sure you set the time aside. If you rush it, I noticed a ton of the flavor dies out very quickly. It's a surprisingly delicate cigar for something as strong as it is.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I had a Triple Maduro resting in my humi. One night I was out back smoking with a couple of friends and my wife thought she would be cute and grab a cigar and come out and smoke with us. She didn't know the Triple Maduro from a Philly so out she came with the Triple cut and lit. To my amazement she loved it! I now have to keep three or four in my humidor at all times just for her.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    I had a Triple Maduro resting in my humi. One night I was out back smoking with a couple of friends and my wife thought she would be cute and grab a cigar and come out and smoke with us. She didn't know the Triple Maduro from a Philly so out she came with the Triple cut and lit. To my amazement she loved it! I now have to keep three or four in my humidor at all times just for her.
    that would have sucked if she took two puffs and hated it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    jpclotfelter:
    that would have sucked if she took two puffs and hated it.
    That would have qualified for a one time "puff puff pass" treatment...
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I think I may have prefered that. Those TripMads are not cheap. Why couldn't have she gone for a 5 Vegas are something like that?