Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Never found an RP I liked. Figured they were junk. Then I stumbled onto a Nording I loved. Went to score some more Nordings. Figured I'd give this RP Vintage Cam 2003 a try. Should've left well enough alone.

A dark, glossy wrapper. Firm packed and tight wrapped. Not much odor. Looks real nice, dunnit?
image Real tough to uncap. Seemed like the whole head of the thing was glued together. Once I cut it off, though, there was a real free and easy draw.

Lit up easy with one match toasting the foot. Immediately, I got a ton of volume. And right away, I got the same old Rocky Patel mediocrity. Harsh smoke like scraping a file on your tongue. So I let it rest a bit to see if that mellowed it. It did improve. The cameroon nutmeg type flavor started coming thru. But it tasted like burnt nutmeg, like the ashes of nutmeg might taste. Retro was hot and dry and ashy too. This thick smoke made my redHead cough. Then I started coughing. Harsh. You don't want this stuff in your face. It's hanging smoke tickles your throat. By going slowly and waving a hand in front of my face, I was able to tolerate the thing. Lasted an hour and a half.

Pleasant stink finger, strong morning mouth, no wheeze.

Two stars out of five. Rocky is back in my dog house.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• I found this to be one of his better cigars to be honest with yea. I have 3 of these in the humi. Guess I'm just a sucker for cameroon. But hey everybody's taste is different :).
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, it sounds like that one was dry.
    It really is a good cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Got anymore Davis? I'm on a Cameroon kick as of late..Nice review, by the way!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I loved the Vintage 2003...so much so I bought a box. Hate to see you didn't like it brother!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You write really fantastic reviews when you like a cigar, and I truly hope you enjoy every cigar you smoke, so don't take this the wrong way, but...I LOVE when you hate a cigar! LoL this was great!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Nope no more. Sorry. I could go chase some down if you want.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Rain:
    Nope no more. Sorry. I could go chase some down if you want.
    Nah man, that's cool. I just figured if you had a few of them I would take them off your hands for a few sticks you might actually like. Thanks for the offer!