Home General Discussion

Avo robusto daily

Hmm been wanting to try these, I really like the 787, are these similar but just a bit milder?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are mild bodied but have great flavor.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Buy them. Trust me.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Damnit Phil....you say this the night AFTER I send you something lol...
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I saw that and was biting my nails. I just shelled for a box of Monte Petit Edmundos, or I would be all over the Avo Robustos on the daily. The Flores Y Rodriguez are also pretty good I've heard, though I would have preferred the Habano wrapped version.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Buy them. Trust me.
    +1 just do it
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the 787 is the cigar that came out of the legendary Avo 22. it is a very similar blend. if you want an idea of what the 22 was all about this cigar hints at it.
  • I need to start smoking more Avo's....though I didn't really care for the Heritage series. One of the few cigars that smokes perfectly and burns perfectly as well.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    I need to start smoking more Avo's....though I didn't really care for the Heritage series. One of the few cigars that smokes perfectly and burns perfectly as well.
    if you like Avo you need to look at Davidoff. the thousand series is nothing short of fantastic.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    kuzi16:
    Jasonc1982:
    I need to start smoking more Avo's....though I didn't really care for the Heritage series. One of the few cigars that smokes perfectly and burns perfectly as well.
    if you like Avo you need to look at Davidoff. the thousand series is nothing short of fantastic.
    Any recommendation on size? I tried one a few weeks back and didn't like it as much as some of the AVO's. Does the thousand series need to rest at all? BTW I thought this thread was about smoking an AVO Robusto daily and I would have said, yes if I could!
  • I think I've had 1 Davidoff in my 10 years of smoking xD. It was good though. But really expensive. Nothing against Davidoff but I'd rather spend the money on 2 cigars I enjoy than on 1.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Jasonc1982:
    I think I've had 1 Davidoff in my 10 years of smoking xD. It was good though. But really expensive. Nothing against Davidoff but I'd rather spend the money on 2 cigars I enjoy than on 1.
    I really respect kuzi's tastes, that's why I'd like to try one again. I'd spend the money on it if I could find one that is that good. But I know where you are coming from!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    I think I've had 1 Davidoff in my 10 years of smoking xD. It was good though. But really expensive. Nothing against Davidoff but I'd rather spend the money on 2 cigars I enjoy than on 1.
    +1 I havent been blown away by any Davidoff either theyre ok but IMO overpriced.. I like AVO, but I too wasnt impressed with the Heritage either. Everybody's different
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    Jasonc1982:
    +1 I havent been blown away by any Davidoff either theyre ok but IMO overpriced.. I like AVO, but I too wasnt impressed with the Heritage either. Everybody's different
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and totally disagree with ALL of this. lol

IMHO, the AVO Heritage is amazing. I'll also say that if you wanna be blown away by a cigar, smoke a Davidoff Maduro. Wow. That's all I can say about those.

But you're right, Rudy. everybody's different. That being said, I've literally never met ANYBODY that hasn't LOVED the AVO classic...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    The Kid:
    Jasonc1982:
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and totally disagree with ALL of this. lol

IMHO, the AVO Heritage is amazing. I'll also say that if you wanna be blown away by a cigar, smoke a Davidoff Maduro. Wow. That's all I can say about those.

But you're right, Rudy. everybody's different. That being said, I've literally never met ANYBODY that hasn't LOVED the AVO classic...
    Really??? Hmmmm,, I respect your opinion as I do Kuzi's and Rip's as well..I'll admit Ive been too quick to rule out a cigar before. Maybe I'll give the Heritage another shot, any particular Vitola, aging requirements, I prefer Toro's ? I must confess I have not tried any Davidoff Maduro. I do have one that I received from AJGarlett and it will meet its demise this weekend. Thanks for the feedback
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the heritage, I like classic, xo, and 787 personally. The signature is also very tasty.