Home Cigar 101

Good O Bait And Switch

puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
While smoking over the years I have come acroos a few cigars that I can match its overall taste and characteristics to another cigar. So Im curious if anyone has thought this and if so what sticks do you believe to be the same. My latest discovery ( to me) was the new partagas1845 and the macanuder cru royale I believe are one in the same

#DE4L #StillPuffin

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Haven't smoked either, but someone else who has can chime in. I've only been smoking for five or so years but I've always suspected this, especially with big brand national releases like from Altadis and General Cigar, etc. I've also suspected brands that get real hoe'd out with "exclusives" to tons of shops & online retailers, like Rocky Patel, have the exact same cigar at different shops with just different bands etc.
  • I don't think the Partagas 1845 tastes like that Macanudo...but that's just me. I enjoyed the 1845 and disliked the other. But there have been many blends from various companies that taste similar. I've noticed alot of these exclusives taste the same. Sort of like the Subculture series for Drew Estate's Acid cigars. I've had at least 5 and they all are pretty much the same blend.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    The Pinolero figurado has a LOT of similar flavors to a Cuban Montecristo Edmundo. I'm not stating that it's Cubanesque, all I'm saying is that I detected a lot of common flavors.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    They both have the Brazilian Habano wrapper and Dominican/Nicaraguan fillers.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's almost all of aj's stuff...it all tastes the same rott and just doesn't do it for me
    Money can't buy taste
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Lee.mcglynn:
    For me it's almost all of aj's stuff...it all tastes the same rott and just doesn't do it for me
    I like a lot of AJ's stuff, but it's funny you mentioned this - I have the same experience with Arturo Fuente. Doesn't matter if it's a Shark, an Opus, or a GOF, they all taste the same to me, and I don't really care for it (don't hate it, just not my kind of flavor profile)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I like a lot of AJ's stuff, but it's funny you mentioned this - I have the same experience with Arturo Fuente. Doesn't matter if it's a Shark, an Opus, or a GOF, they all taste the same to me, and I don't really care for it (don't hate it, just not my kind of flavor profile)
    I feel like it's easier to taste the differences in the flavors you enjoy. If one is really not for you, they all kinda taste the same. I found this with alot of Gurkha's.
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    On Aj I like his sticks but I do think San Lotano conny is same as man o war virtue taste very similar. Also the Montecristo white label tastes the same as Romeo reserve real

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    too much of a newbie to taste the similar flavors without having them in a shorter amount of time. last time I have a virtue was probably over a year ago and I just tried the San Lotano Connie this past month. As for the Monte White Label and Romeo, I havent tried either yet.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO too many companies are trying too throw pepper bombs and muting out the subtle flavores!! This really holds true too aj. If you rest them for a bit you will notice the subtle differences but yeah some stuff just is too similar!!
    Money can't buy taste