Home Cigar 101
Options

Boveda Packs inside box

brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
Never having purchased a Boveda pack, I was wondering if there's anything you have to do to them, or more precisely, what they are supposed to look like. Reason I ask, I was examining the one that came in my Don Carlos box, and it looks like it is completely sealed. Was I supposed to do anything to it or is it working? It's certainly not crucial as the box is inside one of my fridgeadors, but I am just curious.

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    that's how they should be...they are sealed and have a special membrane that allows humidity to pass both out and in.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    If it's in there it's working. You don't have to do a thing. They are even more idiot proof than beads (if you can believe it). When you buy them separately they come in plastic, like a clear potato chip bag, that you need to remove, but that sounds like it's been done already in your case.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Okay, cool. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    . They are even more idiot proof than beads (if you can believe it).
    im living proof of this one. i was pushing sticks from my aging humidor to my smoking humidor and i managed to spill one of the container of beads. this turned a 5 minute project into a 20 minute project.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Heh. Yep. I just need to take out as many variables (Read: ways I can mess things up) as possible. I think I actually will need to switch over to beads here soon though. I am going to buy a small wine fridge, and I've heard that they generate a small amount of condensation. I am not sure the packs can deal with that. If they could, I would just use them. It's a pretty small fridge.