Home Cigar 101

--%. Wait what?

WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
Has anyone ever have a hygrometer do this on them? This is brand new out of the box. I just did a salt test, hit the calibrate button and in about a minute this popped up. image

Que?

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    nope,, havent seen that hygro either,,, The ones I use have a +/- dial that adjusts the setting/reading,, let us know how it works out guess ya need to pull battery and do it again
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Can't salt hurt an electronic?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I even put a brand new battery. I heard Xikar had good customer service, might shoot them an email. I never had any of their meters do this to me though. Odd. On the paper that comes with the meter it states that the "--" is caused by the humidity being under 20% or being over 95%. I placed this with my other meters, and it just stays at "--%" So weird. O.o
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to turn it off then on again??
    Money can't buy taste
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I don't think you even need to send them an email; just send the sucker to Xikar with a letter that says it's broke and they replace it
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Did you try to turn it off then on again??
    Yes
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have had it happen to me try to shake it and hit all the buttons. I got mine t work ever since.
    I emailed Xikar with a that photo^ I took. They got right back to me and stated that some of their hygrometers have had some problems that resulted in the --% thing. They advised me that they are happy to send me a new one free of charge. They are currently fixing the problem though, it had something to do with a bug in the circuit board. Sometime in 2013 it should be all fixed.
    Ken Light:
    Can't salt hurt an electronic?
    Not unless you dump the salt/water on the meter. The salt test does not effect the hygrometer from what they told me.