Home Cigar 101

5 Vegas AAA Oddity

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
I've never really looked a cigars from different orders or boxes side-by-side. Maybe this is common. But I got a couple 5V AAA's in different trades and they happened to sit next to one another in the humidor. It was clear to my eye that they were slightly different sizes. So I pulled 'em out, put them flush at the bottom, and sure enough, they're different. So...is this normal?

photo image3-2_zps0081d043.jpg
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    same ring?

the molds will keep the ring but if there is potential to be cut to slightly different lengths when they come out of the molds. the shaggy foot is not that common and they are hand cut. stranger things have happened.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Though the one on the left appears wider than the one on the right, when I put them foot-to-foot and head-to-head they seem equal.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if this was normal or if maybe size has changed slightly over time or something.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I would just chalk it up to human error. I'm actually surprised how accurate cigar sizing tends to be. I would have assumed with a handmade product, variances like this would be more commonplace, but it really isn't.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I would just chalk it up to human error. I'm actually surprised how accurate cigar sizing tends to be. I would have assumed with a handmade product, variances like this would be more commonplace, but it really isn't.
    +1 if I were to roll the sticks they would be all over the place in rg and length lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Just how like some Maduros are darker then others of the same type. It happens sometimes!!!