Home Ratings & Reviews

House Blends

I was debating on trying one of the house blend samplers to see if they are any good. Are they worth trying?

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEP...just my opinion
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely worth trying. I'm a big fan of the sungrown, lots of guys here have a favorite house blend as well. For the price they're tough to beat
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Absolutely worth trying. I'm a big fan of the sungrown, lots of guys here have a favorite house blend as well. For the price they're tough to beat

I will second the sungrown and the Brazil is really good too. I enjoy the smaller ring gauge, just my .02. I had the American in the 6X60 and not a fan... had it in the Lonsdale size and it was pretty good.
  • Sounds great! I'll deffently have to order them then.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Corojo for spice, Blue Label for complexity of flavor.

I will note, that the sampler comes with 8 house blends and most of them picture the corojo, but you won't get this stick in the sampler because there are 9 blends altogether and they've replaced the corojo with the American label in the samplers.

I haven't tried all the sticks, and like anything afa cigars go, it's preference. I didn't like the sungrown at all. Try the sampler, and check out reviews/do a search on here. There are a couple of threads on "house blends" or "house labels" and lots of individual reviews.

Enjoy!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the brazilian is the best line of the house blends.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the brazilian is the best line of the house blends.

That's the next one on my try list, then, kuzi. I grabbed an American Label randomly not too long ago and thought it was just okay. Not horrid but not great either. I can imagine some people really liking its profile, and it was good for the drive I had to make while I smoked it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think i have one but i still havent tried it. i am curious about it. i want to know how it compares to the tatuaje la casita criolla in general profile.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Big fan of the sun grown also.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i think i have one but i still havent tried it. i am curious about it. i want to know how it compares to the tatuaje la casita criolla in general profile.
    I was curious for the same reason. Really liked la casita criolla so if it's competitive I'm down for a box in a second...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • So far the Cuban and Purple Label have been really good
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    BLUE!!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sungrown , Brazilian, red label and Cuban label I really enjoyed. The Corojo is really good if your lucky enough to catch it they stopped production so it's hard to come by now.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    This is truly a case of everyone having their own likes and dislikes. I couldn't tell you which house blend is better by reading this thread. LOL. My favs are the Brazilian and Cuban.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I tried the sampler and found out I liked Purple and Brazilian the best. Sungrown was also tasty.