Home Cigar 101

Dry Boxing

Lordjust2Lordjust2 Posts: 11
I noticed in one of the expert pick reviews it was suggested to dry box the graycliff turbo prior to smoking. I was under the impression that you dry box a cigar when it has been subjected to an unusual amount of humidity. Would there be any other reasons to dry box?

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    When you have a cigar that burns inconsistently, such as one with an oily wrapper, it's beneficial to drybox prior to smoking to enjoy a more even burn. Unless you like touching up more than 4 times for every cigar...
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    allsmokedup:
    When you have a cigar that burns inconsistently, such as one with an oily wrapper, it's beneficial to drybox prior to smoking to enjoy a more even burn. Unless you like touching up more than 4 times for every cigar...
    That's it, right there. +1
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I agree with the above. I will add that I have had some cigars that burn much better with a couple days to a week in my small (20 count) humidor, with no humidity device in it, not seasoned. The cigars that I've dry-boxed range from the 5Vegas Relic to the Cohiba Sublime. If any line of cigars gives me burn issues, I throw them into the small humi for a few days before lighting them up. Usually fixes the issue.

• People have said its a matter of preference and taste. Would you should really be asking is why buy a Graycliff?
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I have one of those travel humidors. The smaller the better but I've got a 15 count. With no humidification device I find they're perfect when I have a brand recommended to be dryboxed.

As with anything in the cigar world, the choice is up to your own preferences.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    CigarMan37:
    People have said its a matter of preference and taste. Would you should really be asking is why buy a Graycliff?
    Turbos aren't too bad. Good for golfing.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    WaterDemon:
    CigarMan37:
    People have said its a matter of preference and taste. Would you should really be asking is why buy a Graycliff?
    Turbos aren't too bad. Good for golfing.
    Agreed. There are some very nice Graycliff sticks. Like he said in the first part of his response it is all a matter of taste.
  • Lordjust2Lordjust2 Posts: 11
    Thanks guys. Great insight on the subject. I have had some burn issues with cigars in the past, so now I have a remedy for that.