Home Cigar 101

good everday cigar?

im looking for a good affordable everyday cigar any suggestions or leads from you fine folks?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The question that has stumped me for a long time!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Dante6:
    im looking for a good affordable everyday cigar any suggestions or leads from you fine folks?
    If you could provide us with some sticks that you have already smoked and enjoyed that would help out a ton with choosing something you may like.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Dante6:
    If you could provide us with some sticks that you have already smoked and enjoyed that would help out a ton with choosing something you may like.
    +1
    maduro, cameroon, habano, mild, medium, full, doesnt matter???? If your not sure what ya like Id say have the guys here put together a sampler from these companies, Gran Habano, La Perla, and or CAO
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put what kind of smokes you enjoy in your profile bio, bro. That makes it way easier for a BOTL to answer your question. As it is, how do we know what to recommend?

For me, I designated five robustos:

AJ Fresh Rolled -- for when I want earth

Perdomo Lot 23 -- for leather when its too rainy to keep anything else lit in the garage

Fonseca Arana -- for when I want something darker

Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve -- for when I want rich and floral

Factory Throwout Sungrown -- for when I crave that sungrown tingle

The AJ Fresh only runs 35 bucks here at c.com, the Arana 40, same place. The Lot 23s I scored for 60 a box at a local B&M. The Alec Bradley SCR I scored for seventy, IIRC, at another place on line. The Throwoiuts run me 20 skins at the best B&M around. Some guys think twelve bucks is an everyday smoke. For me, four and under fits the bill best.

The last Factory Throwout batch was completely inconsistent with what I'd gotten before, so I'm off those. I think the fifth place for sungrown tingle will be filled next time by Signature Collection sungrown, which you can score for like 35 from an auction site.

I like having standard old reliables by the fistful. When I don't want to think about it, but just want leather or earth or floral or tingle, then I know just what to grab.. If I want to pay attention, that's when I select something special. I just don't need special smoke every time.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Some of these guys are gonna beat me up for this but I'm telling ya, those Banditos are tasty lil suckers. Dirt cheap, quick to smoke, handrolled and relatively mild. I don't put them neck and neck with a great stick but for the price and accessibility, especially here int he cold where I dont feel like spending an hour and a half outside, they were a decent buy.
  • To be honest I think the Gurkha Sherpa is a good everyday cigar. I think its what...50 bucks for 20? I've only had one mind you but I would like to buy a bundle soon.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    What do you consider affordable for an everyday smoke? If you watch the Sprint Sale or Daily Deal you can easily get some good smokes in 5 or 10 packs for $3-4 per cigar.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big T smokes:
    Some of these guys are gonna beat me up for this but I'm telling ya, those Banditos are tasty lil suckers. Dirt cheap, quick to smoke, handrolled and relatively mild. I don't put them neck and neck with a great stick but for the price and accessibility, especially here int he cold where I dont feel like spending an hour and a half outside, they were a decent buy.
    I'd agree with you, been digging out a few from the bottom of my humi this past month when the temp was in single digits. Not anything to write home about but enough to get a quick "cigar" experience/taste

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Big T smokes:
    I'd agree with you, been digging out a few from the bottom of my humi this past month when the temp was in single digits. Not anything to write home about but enough to get a quick "cigar" experience/taste
    Yea man. Comparing it to $5+ stick would be ridiculous but the Banditos are actually quite tasty little stogies. I don't smoke in my house and I live in Philly so these wintery months, I'm not heading outside with a 60 ring commitment. I like these guys for when I just feel like **** around on my phone and having a quick smoke. I take a few puffs and chuck it. They're dirt cheap and they absolutely destroy any machine made junk you'll find at your local convenience store.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    What do you consider affordable for an everyday smoke? If you watch the Sprint Sale or Daily Deal you can easily get some good smokes in 5 or 10 packs for $3-4 per cigar.
    #1 Just keep an eye out you can pick up really good smokes at everyday prices. And you'll wind up with less crap to get rid of when your stash starts growing.
  • Dante6Dante6 Posts: 16
    ill give the bandidos a shot and keep my eyes open for deals thanks guys
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Try a few of the house labels, too. I've enjoyed the blue and corojo, and they go on the sprint sale, well the blue does, from time to time.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    2 that I always keep on hand are the Man O War puro authentico and the j fuego origen originals. The fuego's come in 4 different blends and are sold in 5 packs, my favorite is the Sangre de Toro...
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Same question keeps me awake at night but here is what I consider my daily smokes:

Diesel Unlimited
    Bueso Genesis Project
    5 Vegas Classic
    Puro Authentico

And,,,, they change often. I like trying different stuff but I also like having a few of my daily list on hand.
    I had a good one yesterday that was cheap. Carlos Torano Dominco. They go on sale for like 20 for $30 but even regularly they're like $40 for a 20 pack on ccom. They're pretty tasty if you don't wanna go over 203 bucks for an everydayer.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Big T smokes:
    jgibv:
    Big T smokes:
    Yea man. Comparing it to $5+ stick would be ridiculous but the Banditos are actually quite tasty little stogies. I don't smoke in my house and I live in Philly so these wintery months, I'm not heading outside with a 60 ring commitment. I like these guys for when I just feel like **** around on my phone and having a quick smoke. I take a few puffs and chuck it. They're dirt cheap and they absolutely destroy any machine made junk you'll find at your local convenience store.
    I agree. I smoke these sometimes while cutting the grass. They are cheap and after sitting for a few months they aren't actually that bad at all. Beats wrecking or wasting a good stick.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian, 5V Miami, Alec Bradley Maxx Brazil, Quesada Tributo... All under 5 and mmmmm delish.
  • My everyday go to is 5 Vegas
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the park avenues theyre not too expensive and a good med smoke.if your looking really thrifty i like the 59 factory rejects.get them from my b&m there mild to med about 40 ring i think.and i get them in a mazo of 20 for $22.50 so little more then a buck a stick..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Davis, love me some AJ Fresh Rolled. F*** you Toombes, and the addiction you have given me.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Lil Devil, RB, Torano, 3x3's
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Posts: 171
    Gran Habano 2002 maduros are tasty and cheap!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I usually smoke cao america's, oliva V's, gurkha turks (though running low). I also had a bunch of the ccom red labels which I like as well. I can't tell you how many america's and V's I've gone through though.
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Nica Libre Potencia double robusto is my everyday smoke, Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso, San Lotano maduro & Habano, and Oliva Serie V. Sleeper smoke: Pueblo Dominicano. Higher-end cigars by AJ Fernandez (MOW, San Lotano, Diesel) are excellent.