Home Non Cigar Related

Total War (Video Game)

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
With Rome II coming out this year, I'm trying to beat all the other games before hand. Doing Rome right now, will then do Alexander, Empire and Shogun 2.Get your nerd on.

Comments

• Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Shogun 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. I loved it from the graphics, to the gameplay, to the music, to the art style. Everything about it. Just wish it was even bloodier!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Big T smokes:
    Shogun 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. I loved it from the graphics, to the gameplay, to the music, to the art style. Everything about it. Just wish it was even bloodier!
    You know they have a "Blood Pack" DLC? Really adds a ton of blood, maybe TOO much. I'm talking like blood hitting the camera.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually a fan of the Total War series. I usually prefer Rome over Shogun 2 though. Rome has a lot more factions and variety. I'd actually be glad to have a partner to play the game with too. I usually play as the Seleucids or Macedonians in multiplayer.
    wwhwang:
    I'm actually a fan of the Total War series. I usually prefer Rome over Shogun 2 though. Rome has a lot more factions and variety. I'd actually be glad to have a partner to play the game with too. I usually play as the Seleucids or Macedonians in multiplayer.
    Im really enjoying Rome. I like that, unlike Shogun 2, units are flexible, IE Hastati can throw javelins before they close in for melee. I'm playing it through Steam, not sure if that matters in order for us to maybe play together.
    Rain:
    wwhwang:
    Im really enjoying Rome. I like that, unlike Shogun 2, units are flexible, IE Hastati can throw javelins before they close in for melee. I'm playing it through Steam, not sure if that matters in order for us to maybe play together.
    Don't really think it matters. When you hit multiplayer, it forces you through the Rome multiplayer format anyway. My gamertag in Rome is RagingAsian.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Rain:
    Big T smokes:
    You know they have a "Blood Pack" DLC? Really adds a ton of blood, maybe TOO much. I'm talking like blood hitting the camera.
    Not enough blood for me!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i used to play age of empires. is rome like that? also do you need a kick ass computer to play it? My desktop is REALLY old.
    In the TW series, empire management is turn based but the battles are in real time. You could probably run Rome. Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 I'm not sure about.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I put a lot of time into Rome, and both medievals. Empire and Napoleon, I've just dabbled with. Shogun as a genre bores me. It's a nice game though. Rome 2 looks like would melt my computer, or any computer on the market now. It does look really nice though.
    Rome 2, if you put all the settings at max, would probably crash your computer. However, Creative Assembly's saying that minimum requirements will be around the same as the original Rome Total War. How many people here play Rome or Shogun 2 multiplayer?
  • Empire and Napoleon are great games.I am thinking of getting this awesome video game call of duty
    Bump. Wondering if anyone still looking to play any Total War games together.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I've got Shogun 2 on my steam account but have barely scratched the campaign... just not enough time in my day for all the things I want to do! If I ever figure it out and get comfortable on it then I'll be sure to let the folks here know.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I need a Zelda partner, any takers? Level 3 is killing me!