Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aurora 1495

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious if anyone is a fan, hater or meh....feeling about these? It appears they are going to be discontinued?

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think I have ever had a bad La Aurora. I picked up a Corona and a Robusto Locally and thought the Robu was better..... and I am a total nut for small ring.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    They are good for the price but I wouldn't go buying them all up.... Maybe ill buy a box now but nothing more
    Money can't buy taste
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. Thought it was a solid stick. I would by them again without reserve.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I guess I will plow through the inventory to see if I have one.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks! I guess I will plow through the inventory to see if I have one.
    Let me know...worst is we split a box lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I think the 1495 is a solid stick. Well worth trying but I'm not going to buy any more. If I'm going to buy more La Aurora's I'll stick with the cameroon or Guillermo Leon. The 1495 reminded me a lot of the Padilla '68 as far as flavors go.
  • A solid smoke!!!
  • I don't know I enjoy most La Aurora blends but the 1495 wasn't anything special in my opinion. The 107 line is much much better and around the same price.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing about the La Aurora 1495. Maybe it's just me but, I bought a box of the Sumo Short Robusto's on either the sprint sale or some other special deal. The price was good and the description sounded like something I'd like. But the funny/weird part is that I really love just the first inch and a half but then the flavor gets worse for me. I've never even smoked more than half of one. No other cigar has ever been like this for me. I'm not sorry to have them though. I consider them a "short time" stick. That is if I only have a short time frame to smoke, I'll grab one of those. I'll just not smoke past the good part.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    The robusto is by far the best size. corona is a little fuller bodied. great wrapper leaves a nice sweet taste on the lips. it is a medium to full bodied cigar with some kick to it. will i buy more ? Probably not. But if handed to me would smoke it.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    From my notes (Robusto)
    Pretty good morning smoke, woody & nutty, smooth, good burn/draw

I gave it a B+
    I don't buy cigars again unless they get at least an A-

They can be had for $2/ea
    I wouldn't pay more (if I were inclined to buy them, which I'm not)
    I'd certainly smoke one again, but not buy one, unless I could steal them for $1.....then I'd be tempted
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stick at the close out prices I've seen. Wouldn't buy me otherwise probably. Good solid smoke.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I picked up a five pack of the 1495 robustos as a freebie with an order of preferidos. Rott they (2 of 'em) were a disappointment and I buried the rest in the humi and forgot about them. Some months later I dug one out and said… why not, gotta smoke it someday. Wow, just wow… what happened? I really loved the last 3 and when a box of torpedoes came up on special I doubled down and hit the buy button. I have them in the coolador waiting for next summer when I'll see if my patience will be rewarded.