Home General Discussion

The way I use to think lol

Well I was just remembering how I at first was like man I'm not going to buy $100 dollars worth to start smoking cigars. (Humidor,humidification,accesories and cigars) Way too expensive!!(but look at me know lol)

I googled everything about cigars before I finnaly bought anything and yes everything. Unlike my friends who introduced me into this they still use the green crap in their humis. But I have to say I found this website too late. Why you say, because eveyone would say big a BIG HUMIDOR or got with a COOLIDOR. Like most of us I started out with the 50ct.

When I finnaly bought my first humi man was I excited, started to buy cigars like crazy so then I bought me a second humi again wrong move got another 50ct. After those two humis got a 100ct and the 300ct Diablo

Its just funny how most of us want to go small and end up spending a s#it load

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am into a Wineador...... yea.... bad.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I feel some of your pain!! I was lucky to have started out with a big f-ing tupperador that I use now to keep empty boxes on stand by. But yeah the sticks build up!! If I ever had thought I'd be buying high end stuff I'd have never started lol. But this place is great for info and great to help find what you truly like!! The guys on here are one of a kind and ill never leave...
    Money can't buy taste
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Welcome to the club.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, when I 1st started I thought o what the hell, I will just throw some distilled water in there in those little foam humi and it will b fine, boy was I wrong. I learned a lot being here.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you will not be the last
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    pbchevo:
    Well I was just remembering how I at first was like man I'm not going to buy $100 dollars worth to start smoking cigars. (Humidor,humidification,accesories and cigars) Way too expensive!!(but look at me know lol)

I googled everything about cigars before I finnaly bought anything and yes everything. Unlike my friends who introduced me into this they still use the green crap in their humis. But I have to say I found this website too late. Why you say, because eveyone would say big a BIG HUMIDOR or got with a COOLIDOR. Like most of us I started out with the 50ct.

When I finnaly bought my first humi man was I excited, started to buy cigars like crazy so then I bought me a second humi again wrong move got another 50ct. After those two humis got a 100ct and the 300ct Diablo

Funny I did the same dam thing with buying my humidors lol
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I was given a 20ct, and have added some tupperware. I've been shopping for cooler deals...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started by researching for a few months before buying and joining here. I got a 150 ct humi and thought..it's huge, I will never fill it!! Geez, now I got that and 4 coolers and still there's crap I want to buy and try. But the best part of this hobby are all the interesting, kind and knowledgeable people I've encountered. That was the part I really never saw coming.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Same here. Bought a 150 ct and soon realized. Not enough. Now I'm good for a while. Bought a 3500 count tower humidor and have a hydra xl in the top and a hydra sm with a pound of heartfelt beads in the bottom. It is the greatest purchase I have ever made.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I first started out with a nice 100 ct cherry Humidor that ran out of space quickly (damn you Cigar of the Month Club) Now I run two very large coolidors with my eye on a third. I would love to get a tower but I move far to often, and its easier to ship the sticks in the coolers,
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ugh, started with a 20 count, moved to a 100 count, then a 300 count and finally figured I was in this big, so I converted a 28 bottle wineador. Such an expensive lesson to learn :(

On the plus side,my 300 count was a Waxing Moon humi, so it's still a nice piece, and the 20 count stores the **** cigars for people I don't like
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    the 20 count stores the **** cigars for people I don't like

Awesome, I thought I was the only A-hole who does that :-)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pbchevo:
    LOL YEP ....
    Not sure if my wife thinks it's as funny as I (and the rest of us) do though, haha. ---- "you spent how much?? on cigars?!!!?" haha

But I hear you, brother. I still remember when my girlfriend (now wife) offered to buy my first humidor, so I researched it for days, even weeks on end, finally settling on a 150(?)-ish count glass top .... thought to myself "man that's a lot of room, but only a few $$ more than one that's half the size. Better get the extra space even though I'll never fill out" ....

And she said something along the lines of ... "that's a pretty big humidor, do you really need that much space??"

LMAO....

.... now with a second smaller (50ish count) humidor, and 1 "coolidor" and I think "I don't have enough space!!!"
    Currently planning out shelves/trays to build for my coolidor to maximize the space.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm one of the very few lucky ones who started by reading and talking on these forums and then went and make purchases. This was the first and only place I went to for advise because I knew after I'd been around for 10 minutes that it's the only place I'd need to go.

I don't smoke as much as I used to, but I still stick around. It's hard to leave this place.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Man y'all got some serious problems
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    pot calling kettle black.....glad I only got a 12qt. Cooler.....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    pot calling kettle black.....glad I only got a 12qt. Cooler.....
    I have seen your coolers. You are lying pinochio
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    So true...there is no end.