Home Cigar 101

How often do you reseason your humi?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Subject. I've yet to do it, but I do fluctuate from 61RH to about 65RH. I think it has more to do with me opening my humi more/less though.

Comments

• Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I just had to do mine after two years. I have a humi that I set aside for aging with the idea being i leave it alone and dont open it too much. Well I did that job a little TOO well and didn't get any moisture in there for a long time Maybe like a year. So I had a hard time getting it to stay above 50% and had to reseason it. I haven't done my coolidor once in two years and I haven't needed to redo my humi I got as a freebie for getting a bunch of cigars. However, I'm in those humis all the time so I constantly monitor temperature & humidity and give them a spray every now and then.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive never re-seasoned a humidor.

but if you cant keep your humidor within 15 points of humidification i would consider a re-season.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ive never re-seasoned a humidor.

but if you cant keep your humidor within 15 points of humidification i would consider a re-season.
    Same here, Once I seasoned it, the humidor would stay solid at 68-72, If it would drop below that ( 64-65), this would happen if I added a larger number of cigars at one time, I lightly wipe the lid with a damp cloth, and it would get back to where I wanted it.

Some would say that 64-65 is still a safe level, so I probably never even needed to bump it up.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've never re-seasoned (as long as the humi is in action and not sitting in the closet or something). If you've got cigars and humidifiers in there I don't see the need to re-season. If your humidity starts to drop just add distilled water to your beads, end of story.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Wineador, so I never season or re-season Big Smile [:D]