Home Ratings & Reviews

Viva Republica Rapture

stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
I was at one of the local B&M and met a guy named Jason Holly, nice guy, we talk cigars for a bit and I found out he was on a tour to of the NW trying to get his cigars in stores. The shop owner asked me to sample a few and let her know if they should pick up the line. I was game-

So Jason gave me two sticks, a robusto called Perdition measuring 4 1/2 x 50 and Revel, a 5 1/2 x 54 toro. He asked for my feed back and gave me his card.

Last night I smoked the robusto on my way home from work. I used a punch because I couldn't find my cutter. As soon as I got it lit a very distinct taste of marshmallow became present. At the back of my mouth oak and spice notes mixed into the profile. The smoke was very creamy, no harshness on the retro hale at all. This profile remained through the first third. The middle mellowed out a bit to me. I tasted bits of nuts and perhaps floral notes. The marshmellow taste remained throughout the whole cigar. What was interesting is that dispite the creamy sweet taste this cigar has very good med body to it, and strength. It creeps up on you. If your able to find one try it.
I talked with Jason and told him I'd like to send a few sticks out to some of you for your reviews. He agreed to send them when he gets done with the tour.

This is a must try cigar. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Comments

• rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Rat puree sounds delicious stad...jokes. Cool story man!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the guy made the Rapture cigar? I scored one. Didn't smoke it. Sent it on to someone else, but I don't remember who. Who was it? Ya smoke it? Good?

Guy's from the Northwest and his Rapture is all the way over here in Dull-Aware. That's a testament to the marvelous wide selection my local B&M has on hand.
    ,br>
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    webmost:
    Is this the guy made the Rapture cigar? I scored one. Didn't smoke it. Sent it on to someone else, but I don't remember who. Who was it? Ya smoke it? Good?

Guy's from the Northwest and his Rapture is all the way over here in Dull-Aware. That's a testament to the marvelous wide selection my local B&M has on hand.
    ,br>
    i should have clarified this. He is a shop owner out of PA. He hooked up with the La Aroura factory to make these.
    stad:
    webmost:

,br>
    i should have clarified this. He is a shop owner out of PA. He hooked up with the La Aroura factory to make these.
    aHO.

Where's his PA shop? Do you know? I get all over that state by motorcycle. Might have to drop in and score.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Marshmallow? Interesting. Never tasted that in a cigar before.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Looks like Wilkes-Barre ... zat right?

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I have. Oddly enough in a Macanudo. That's what got me hooked on them about 15 years ago. It wasn't always there, but when it was, it was great. I'd love to try this cigar, maybe I'll have some luck tracking on down since PA's right next door.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Can someone fix this thread title?
    I mean, rat pure? Really? Aftir thurteen yeers manditory educcation?

Don't mind me. I'm fighting war on squirrels right now, so any kind of rat excites my prickly heat.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    webmost:

Don't mind me. I'm fighting war on squirrels right now, so any kind of rat excites my prickly heat.

That was easy...
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    webmost:

hahaha! I posted this from my iPhone and never noticed the spelling. Thanks for catching that.
    See, now you took it the right way, and someone else had to PM and scold me.

Never been to spelling but I like their cop car.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    webmost:

lol
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Martel:
    I have. Oddly enough in a Macanudo. That's what got me hooked on them about 15 years ago. It wasn't always there, but when it was, it was great. I'd love to try this cigar, maybe I'll have some luck tracking on down since PA's right next door.
    I've tasted the burnt marshmallow (camp fire roasted) in a couple garo double habano, but like ken it's not always there. When it is...it's awesome.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I must find one of these marshmallow cigars...except for maybe the Macanudo. My children consider me a toasted marshmallow expert! Both at toasting and at eating them!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.