Home Cigar 101

Crystal humidification puck

So I am purchasing a small humi (a 20-30 count) as a grab humi. I know about not using the green foam puck for humidification, so I was thinking about getting one of the crystal ones to replace it. Are those any good? Or am I better off humidifying something this size some other way? I don't really wanna waste $6 if they're not.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i have a 20-30 and i use a single boveda 70 packet.

it works perfectly and has lasted for 3 months.

Don't forget to season your humidor.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should work fine for you.
    I have a gel jar, like this one, and small puck of beads (I probably don't need the beads) in my 50-ct and it works well.

+1 to Brian's comment too
    The other good option for that size is boveda packs, they're "error proof" but need replaced every few months ... so you'll *always* have to buy more, which turned me off to them.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I picked one of these up recently to keep some overflow humidified and I have a warning for you. When I pulled it out of the box I flipped it over in my hand and the back came off sending the little beads down between my couch cushions and on to my carpet. The beads were of course the same color as my carpet. So... they work great, but be careful when you take it out of the box!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They work fine but for a 50 count I'd recommend 2 so you aren't overcharging them. Wet 1 and use the other dry.
  • Should be fine for a small humidor like that, digital hydrometer works well with it too
  • JZerbyJZerby Posts: 122
    So I ended up ordering one of the round humidifiers from heartfelt filled with their beads. I've heard nothing but good stuff about their products. I emailed them and asked but haven't heard back yet, but are the beads that comes pre-filled with charged or do I need to do that myself when I am ready to use it?