Home General Discussion

Diesel Hair of The Dog

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Smoking one now. Unlike crucible and wicked which are pricier one time releases, this baby is all day everyday and in line with everyday pricing. Solid stick.

Comments

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to trying it Alex. Andy hooked me up with some in a Salomon sampler last week, that have now arrived in Canada with my 'mule' (a buddy traveling to Atlanta on business). Cant wait for the weather to warm enough to smoke them, as they are big. Glad to see they are now listed: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1488
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like something I would enjoy. How does it compare to my other favorite the Unlimited?

"Long ashes my friends."

Roman got some a few weeks ago also....not sure if his are still resting, but...Trident, any comments bud??
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I will smoke one for you guys tonight and let you know. Barry are you coming into town this weekend?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Smoking one now. Unlike crucible and wicked which are pricier one time releases, this baby is all day everyday and in line with everyday pricing. Solid stick.
    Any thoughts on aging potential? The UHC is amazing with 1+ years of age.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Trident:
    I will smoke one for you guys tonight and let you know. Barry are you coming into town this weekend?
    ROTT...awesome..No, but so as not to hijack the hairy dog diesel thread anymore...PM sent :)
  • clowerclower Posts: 1
    Just got a box of these puppies. Taste is pretty strong and leather is the primary taste. But if you can make it to the nub it completely changes to a sweet delight. Word for the wise try one before you buy a box, because if you don't like strong you won't like the hair of the dog. It's not an everyday pick, it's a weekend, book in the hand, kind of smoke.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Tried the Wicked and really liked it. Your killing me here Alex !! Already my wife hates you ! LOL
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Tried the Wicked and really liked it. Your killing me here Alex !! Already my wife hates you ! LOL
    Bwahahahaha welcome to the addiction!!! Ccom needs financing lol j/k please don't
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Ccom needs financing lol j/k please don't
    This is a really bad idea. I could get in a lot of trouble.

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Alex, I've looked and haven't found anything, so I'll ask you: If the 14th (Coffined) cigar in the box of Wicked's the pre-release HOTD?

If so, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    If not, then I have yet another AJ blend to look forward to.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    How does the HOTD compare to the Grind. I know Grind is B&M only but it's quite tasty and is also a Diesel mainstay
    dennisking:
    How does the HOTD compare to the Grind. I know Grind is B&M only but it's quite tasty and is also a Diesel mainstay
    I think it's quite a bit spicier than the Grind, although not quite as peppery as the Wicked. More like a cross between the Phalanx and the Little Devil.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Medic45:
    Ccom needs financing lol j/k please don't
    This is a really bad idea. I could get in a lot of trouble.

me too thus the J/k lol
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    Alex, I've looked and haven't found anything, so I'll ask you: If the 14th (Coffined) cigar in the box of Wicked's the pre-release HOTD?

Yes the coffins were the pre-release of the hair of the dog.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I'm not allowed to tell what that Easter egg cigar is but a pre release of something that you may see in a year or two is a very good guess :)
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Steve2010:

Yes the coffins were the pre-release of the hair of the dog.
    Andy this is incorrect. Same wrapper but not same blend. This blend will not be released for several years until filler inventories can be acquired.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You guys are such a tease.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    This is a cigar I've got my sensors on...I like Diesels anyway so this should find its way into my humidors.
    beatnic:
    You guys are such a tease.
    Indeed. Good-to-know info though.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Figures it "was" the DOTD stick. Next time....next time...