Home General Discussion

Searching For Fans of 5 Vegas

It seems alot of people on this forum don't care for this stick, but I'm looking for people that are fans and would like to say hey!!!

Comments

• ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    sup
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the miami and their gonna stop making it, what's wrong with them
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    Call em Rob.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    robertgreen30:
    Call em Rob.
    I might have to, Peppin might not be making the blend for them anymore, I believe that who makes the miami for 5 vegas.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will always keep some cask strengths in my humi .... Great with red wine, prefer a cab, after a steak dinner (seriously, try it)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Yeah Pepin makes the Miami, sad to see it go
  • Cask strength are great, so excited to see the new 2013 Limitada this Summer
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Just smoked my first cask strength the other day and really liked it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I am a huge fan of 5 Vegas Classic. I just got a box of double coronas with the Colibri cutter freebie from my wife for Valentines day. No wonder I love her so much!!!

I've also had 5 Vegas Gold and liked it but the Classic just pleases my palate so much better. I'm newer to the cigar world ( 5 years since I got a humidor ) so my taste isn't as evolved or developed as some of you vets I've seen here
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Love the Classic, the High Primings, and the AAA. I have a CSII I need to try as well. Wasn't huge on the A or the Gold and the Miami to me was kinda take it or leave it. Overall I'd say I like the brand. Does that qualify me to be friends now?? Does it? :D:D
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them in general. The AAA, Miami, Classic are probably better, for me, than the rest. Wait, I forgot the Relic.
    Hmm, actually, maybe I'm too easy to please. I like a broad spectrum of cigars, preferring different tastes and strengths at different times, seasons, meals, drinks.
    Does the Cask Strength taste like BBQ to anyone else?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the A and AAA are always in my humidor.
    the CSI was the best thing they ever did. the limitadas are decent but im not as excited about them as i used to be.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I always liked the Classic. Especially the torpedo. It looked like you could shank somebody with it.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I havent had a single cigar from 5 Vegas that I didn't enjoy.
    Amos Umwhat:
    Hmmm, haven't had one in a while --- but I don't remember any BBQ flavors from the smoke...
    I'll have to light one up in the next week or two and see, you've got me curious now .... And are you thinking sweet BBQ, or smoky BBQ???

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I like them in general. The AAA, Miami, Classic are probably better, for me, than the rest. Wait, I forgot the Relic.
    Hmm, actually, maybe I'm too easy to please. I like a broad spectrum of cigars, preferring different tastes and strengths at different times, seasons, meals, drinks.
    You can check out my review I just did a couple of days ago, but bottom line, I did taste some beef. It didn't taste like BBQ so much as just a rich steak. Maybe I'm spoiled by living in Memphis with all this pork BBQ and didn't equate it with a good Texas brisket. But there is something in the flavor profile we're probably both picking up on.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    I will always keep some cask strengths in my humi .... Great with red wine, prefer a cab, after a steak dinner (seriously, try it)
    +1 on this! Also a fan of the Relic.
  • You can be my friend Ken LOL
  • I like the "A" and the Cask Strength
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I liked the gold when i smoked it..gold maduro didn't impress me, it was just ok. I tired an A and wasn't a fan but i think that was because I didn't let them rest long enough. I have a miami, cask, classic, AAA, limitada 2010 in my humidor to smoke.
    gripnrip:
    jgibv:
    +1 on this! Also a fan of the Relic.
    Yes !! Relic's prob my second fav of the 5V line .... like the vitola but they burned pretty fast for the size, IMO. And I tried to smoke them extra slow too.

jgibv:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Hmmm, haven't had one in a while --- but I don't remember any BBQ flavors from the smoke...
    I'll have to light one up in the next week or two and see, you've got me curious now .... And are you thinking sweet BBQ, or smoky BBQ???
    A little tang, more smoky. I've not had one in a while.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Martel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    You can check out my review I just did a couple of days ago, but bottom line, I did taste some beef. It didn't taste like BBQ so much as just a rich steak. Maybe I'm spoiled by living in Memphis with all this pork BBQ and didn't equate it with a good Texas brisket. But there is something in the flavor profile we're probably both picking up on.
    Yes, definitely more TX brisket than Memphis. Hadn't thought of that, but Brisket may be more "it".

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    WHAT?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I always keep a handful or two of Cask Strength II, the Classic i have a box+ worth at the moment and i have a handful of the AAA as well, i am a big fan of most 5v stuff, ive had major construction issues with the gold maduros so they dont get any love from me and the gold was a bit too mild.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I hear a lot of botl talking obout the 5 Vegas. I haven't tried it so am curious. Is a mild, med, or full. And what price range should axpect. Thanks for the info
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    I hear a lot of botl talking obout the 5 Vegas. I haven't tried it so am curious. Is a mild, med, or full. And what price range should axpect. Thanks for the info
    No need to be curious, I'll send one out with the rest of your mooch. Still need that addy though.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Pm sent. Thx
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    No problem. pm sent back.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like 5 vegas, smoking a high primings now, anyones got any they dont like/want pm me,lol