Home Cigar 101

5 vegas "A"

Rinaldir21Rinaldir21 Posts: 6
ok i got a quick newb question for you guys...i recently got a 5 vegas "A" and i am getting ready to smoke it...i have noticed it has a thin wooden "wrap" i guess you would call it around it.  Now i am fairly certian that you remove this befor smoking but i figured i would drop a post just to ask the experts.  Thanks

Ray

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah, you're gonna want to remove that. I liked the Series "A" myself, enjoy.
  • Rinaldir21Rinaldir21 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info i will deff remove that lol and i am looking forward to smoking this.  Thanks again.

Ray
    So what did you think of the cigar Ray? I had my first Series "A" a couple days ago, and I was fairly well blown away by it. I'm liking 5 Vegas more and more with each line I try.

Fyi, the cedar band is mostly there to make the cigar look appealing, but it would also lend a light flavor of cedar to the cigar if left on for a period of time. So, if you like the taste of cedar on your cigars ( I know I do!) perhaps try putting one away for 6-12 months and then smoke it. Food for thought.

Joe
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I have been more than pleased with every 5 Vegas that I smoked except for the Gold. I am not one for milder cigars though. Joe: If you like the cedar flavors, you should try a Padilla 68. I have not had one disappoint yet.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll grab one the next time I make an order.
  • Rinaldir21Rinaldir21 Posts: 6
    ok well i just finished my first 5 vegas "A" and i must say it was great!  It had a nice burn, easy draw, no maintinance, and excellent flavor.  I am still having trouble distinguishing the exact flavors tho (ex.leathery,whit pepper,black pepper ect.) so any help with that would be great.   I will  deff be getting more from the 5 vegas line and will also be getting another "A" to let rest for 6-12 months.  All in all i would recomend this cigar to anyone!

I choose a Rocky Patel Sun Grown for tomorrow so i am looking forward to that also.

Ray
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry so much about finding a specific taste like leather , nut, raisin, or coffee.. Some people can pick flavors up that others can't.. How long the cigar has been aging often matters and a cigars from the same box will change within weeks of each other.. Often with complex blends tastes all come together and a specific taste is not as pronounced.. I have had cigars with a taste I can identify where others say they didn't get that profile.. Just enjoy them and see what you discover on your own,
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Rinaldir21:
    ok well i just finished my first 5 vegas "A" and i must say it was great!  It had a nice burn, easy draw, no maintinance, and excellent flavor.  I am still having trouble distinguishing the exact flavors tho (ex.leathery,whit pepper,black pepper ect.) so any help with that would be great.   I will  deff be getting more from the 5 vegas line and will also be getting another "A" to let rest for 6-12 months.  All in all i would recomend this cigar to anyone!

I choose a Rocky Patel Sun Grown for tomorrow so i am looking forward to that also.

Ray
    Your gonna like the Rocky Patel sun grown...had one last nite great smoke!!