Home Pipes

Hello, Hello

nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
I've been a cigar smoker for awhile, but just got into pipes. Actually, one of the guys i got into smokign cigars got me into the pipe realm. I started with a corn cob, but didnt like it. After trying one of my buddies briar pipes i went for one. I bought a Nording Fantasy #5 and am a big fan. i like the larger bowl. I have mainly been smoking lighter vanilla flavors and am enjoying it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I love the Nordings, I have on myself and smoke it on a normal basis.
  • Welcome! I recently purchased that same pipe, as well as a vintage Arlington. What tobaccos have you tried thus far? Haven't tried any vanilla myself yet. I've heard good things about the Sutliffe PS Barbados Plantation and Molto Dolce; was thinking of grabbing one this week.

Mason
    Mason, Those two are pretty tasty, but they will ghost your pipe, very aromatic and quite wet, I suggest letting them dry a bit before smoking. Other than that really amazing room note and the taste of the Barbados Plantation is unsurpassable.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    thebeardedugly:
    Welcome! I recently purchased that same pipe, as well as a vintage Arlington. What tobaccos have you tried thus far? Haven't tried any vanilla myself yet. I've heard good things about the Sutliffe PS Barbados Plantation and Molto Dolce; was thinking of grabbing one this week. Mason

The only thing ive smoke out of it is P. Stokkebye French Vanilla. Im not worried about it ghosting the bowl as i planned to only smoke aromatics out of it anyway. Once i get a littel more integrated into the pipe world I want to get one of those fancy dancy meerschaums that i'll use for non-aromatics.
  • Thanks for the heads up. Usually I use a corn cob with each new tobacco so I can try it without worrying about ghosting. Now that I have that second briar I'll probably designate it for aromatics. The way you endorse Barbados makes it irresistible, I'll have to get it this week now. :-). What would you suggest for sampling Cavendish? I'm trying to try a good example of each tobacco type, but haven't reached Cavendish yet?

Mason
    Staying on the subject of Sutliff try Black Swan...Really enjoyable Black Cavendish.