Home Cigar 101

MOW Ruination & Juicy

FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
I watched the MOW ruination review on Stogie review the other day.
The guy reviewing it said he likes to keep this particualar cigar at 70% because it keeps it 'juicy' and smoked better than it being at 65/68.

Questions:
1 - Anyone have and opinion on this? for this cigar or any other cigar.

2 - Is this guy full of it?

3 - does anyone have mulit humis that you keep at diff RH depending on the cigar?

4 - Do you keep an aging humi at a different RH than a smoking humi?

Comments

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Smokes just great at 65 or so for me. Biggest factor was improvement with age on this one.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't even know that I'd call it age at this point, the cigar is too new to the market. But yes, it does improve greatly over a period of just weeks, and gets better with more time. I would not smoke this cigar at anything above 65% myself, the damn thing is heavy enough without weighing it down with extra moisture. :)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ok,

So I had the MOW Ruination this past weekend. Juicy, No Way!
    I keep my humi in the 65RH area so wouldnt see the juiciness discussed on stogie review.

Powerhouse! Yes Way!!

This sucker was full flavor full bodied.

It was a very good cigar, I think the reason it gets such high praise is that everyone is loopy by the time your finished with it.

It was a good/great cigar. One that I would buy again and smoke again. It will be a go to smoke in my humi, but wont knock the Decade off the block as my favorite full bodied smoke.

Id try to post a review on it, but was too loopy to write my thoughts down about it.

One of my original questions still goes unanswered. I think that someone, Kuzi maybe, mentioned his aging humi is set to 70 RH while his smoking is at 65 RH. Does anyone else keep their humis at diff RH and besides aging notice a difference accross cigar lines where the smoking RH affects the flavor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Let a Ruination sit for about 2 months and it just might get right up next to the Decade. It improves greatly with some rest.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    Let a Ruination sit for about 2 months and it just might get right up next to the Decade. It improves greatly with some rest.
    That it does
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bbc020:
    j0z3r:
    That it does
    I just got my box split with Joz3r today and of course I had to dig into one and give it a try "fresh".
    If these things get better with age, I'm in trouble ! I don't think they made enough of them!
    I read, someone mentioned that these were not very complex but with the flavor you get right from the get go... who cares!
    I totally agree with this assesment, they didn't change much all the way down to the roach sized nub, I finally dropped from my burning fingers, and that was a good thing. What an enjoyable cigar!
    BTW I smoked this thing at 9:00 in the morning on an empty stomach... and survived! They are powerful thou, but what a way to start a day :)
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    I just got a 5 pack of MOW....they look juicy...You could grease axles with them
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    You all are making me giddy. I have some MOW Ruinations that will be comming in any day now and I'm really excited to enjoy one with a bottle of Stone Ruination beer.
  • Yeh I have a 5 pack sitting in the humi recovering from some travel, damn that 2 weeks to 2 months wait time.......
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    jeff_connors:
    I just got a 5 pack of MOW....they look juicy...You could grease axles with them
    hmmm never smoked axle grease