Home Ratings & Reviews

New to the site

I'm new to the forums. Long time viewer, first time poster! Any one care to discuss the pro's and con's to the Opus X?

Comments

• RickyDaniels:
    I'm new to the forums. Long time viewer, first time poster! Any one care to discuss the pro's and con's to the Opus X?

Oh give me a **** break, long time viewer, first time poster? You are **** dumb ass piece of ***. Who in the hell uses that phrase anyways? God damn you must be a **** IDIOT. We don't need **** idiots like yourself on here. Get the *** out of here you piece of ***. Oh and the Opus X's are **** over rated you dumbass.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    Oh give me a **** break, long time viewer, first time poster? You are **** dumb ass piece of ***. Who in the hell uses that phrase anyways? God damn you must be a **** IDIOT. We don't need **** idiots like yourself on here. Get the *** out of here you piece of ***. Oh and the Opus X's are **** over rated you dumbass.
    Wow, dude, I think you need to chill out...alot of cool people on here and there isn't any need to act like this to newcomers...

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    there is only one idiot that i see on this thread.

and it isnt RickyDaniels.
    Mr. Briggs, why dont you take your own advice and move along to another forum where this type of behavior is accepted? Around here we accept newbies no matter how long their cigar journey had already been.

as far as the OpusX goes...
    this is one of my favorite smokes. however it isnt for the undeveloped palate for two reasons

1) this is a strong cigar. this cigar is mone of the most full bodies smokes out there especially if you have less than 2 years on it.

B) the complexity is pretty deep. not all new guys will be able to pick up and understand the cigar to the level that they hope. this has a tendency for those who do try it and are new to not like it or feel that it is lacking.

that being said, there are a few people that just dont like em....even though they do have a refined palate. it happens.
    just be aware that there may be a let down for you if you are very new to the cigar world and have yet to develop your palate. I dont want to stop you from trying them though. you may love it but not be able to put your finger on why you do. there is nothing wrong with that. i mean, enjoyment is the entire point.

look in my signature below my post and you sill see a link that says "developing your palate" this should start you down the road to being able to pick out individual flavors in cigars.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the Opus X yet...however, I do have one resting in my Humi.

"Long ashes my friends."

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    Actually, we don't need idiots like you around here. All of us regulars respect and welcome newcomers...well, newcomers who post with some respect themselves, unlike yourself. I'd suggest that YOU take a hike and go on to some other forum where **** are the norm and not the exception.

Ricky, first off welcome to the forum. Second, don't listen to that guy, if you've been reading the forums then you surely know we are not at all like that around here.

About the Opus. I think it is a good cigar, I will say that much. I do not, however, think it is a great cigar or one that is worth the price it fetches. Personally, I think Fuente as a whole is a bit over-rated...and I know that is going to garner some disagreement, but I don't feel that any of their cigars are great or quite worth the praise they receive. Now, is the Opus worth trying? Absolutely. The only way to truly know something is to try it for yourself, we can talk all day about how good the Opus is or how bad it is, but so much about taste in cigars is subjective that you just have to sit down and smoke one to find out.

So, give it a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed because it is a good cigar, but you may find out it isn't as good as you'd hoped...then again, it may be everything you ever wanted in a cigar. Good luck!

Oh yeah, you asked about pros and cons. From my viewpoint, the pros are that it is a very well made cigar and provides a pleasant and enjoyable smoking experience. The cons, again from my viewpoint: the price is a bit restrictive to many people, I know I can't afford to smoke them regularly. actually that is only the real con I see to this cigar, it is not bad in any way, so I can't fault the cigar for the fact that I don't think it's that great.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    My guess is that they are both the same poster.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    Hey Donny...I noticed that this is the first thing you've had to say here too.. Nice first post pal. YOU don't qualify as WE quite yet. Welcome Ricky
    cabinetmaker:
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    Could be. You never really know on the internets. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if this is a way to kill some time for two kids, creating fake accounts, having one post and having the other guy flame him. Wouldn't be the first time, and it certainly won't be the last.

The above could be true. Or, things could be just as we see them, one guy looking for advice and another guy acting like an ass, probably because his mother didn't hug him enough. Poor Donny, maybe he just needs someone to give him a big hug and wipe the snot off his nose.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:
    Calm down sparky, no need to get angry with the guy. Welcome aboard Ricky. Haven't yet had an Opus X, but I do want to smoke one sometime in the near future.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cabinetmaker:
    Donald Briggs:
    RickyDaniels:

Thats the same thing I thought after reading that exchange for the second time ...Either that or he's the new poster boy for **** are us ...
  • Thanks for the warm welcome everyone....from most I guess. Looks as if someone was having a bad day! I have been enjoying cigars for many years and would usually make my purchases from other companies including B & M. However I was so impressed with cigar.com that I will buy exclusively from here! To the guy that went nuts on me, may your humidor be blessed with a swarm of beatles!
  • By the way, I can assure you that I am not that other moron. It makes absolutely no sense to argue with myself! I'm sure it is some pansy that wanted to be a wise guy and didnt have the nerve to do it under there own name or some jerk trying to get a rise out of someone else. Either way, what a pansy, probably an anti-smoking ass hat!
    Hey Ricky, where in CA are you at? I'm in the southern part myself, if you're familiar with, over in Riverside county.

I don't even want to know what the prices on Opus X are like in this state, I figure it would likely make me sick.

Good to know you're for real, you just never know with some people on the internet. Too many people with way, way too much time on their hands.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard Ricky ...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard, Ricky. I hope the other guy just stays.... well....stays gone.
  • I'm down in Long Beach. I know exactly where riverside county is. I piicked up an Opus for 20 when I was out in the Atlanta area several months ago. Not sure how much in cali, but probably outrages!
    Long Beach, eh? This Socal herf is potentially taking shape here. All of us Cali guys need to work out a date and location for a get-together, there are enough of us if we can get something planned.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm down if you want to start planning something Joe.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    california herf? i'd love to be a part of that!
    Garen B:
    I'm down if you want to start planning something Joe.
    The first thing would be to get an account of everyone's general locations. That way we can figure something that is amenable to all, at least as distance is concerned. Maybe I'll make a thread and see what kind of response there is.