Home Cigar 101

picking up speed

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Without clocking it or anything, but it seems to me like most every stick I light, I get a quarter hour out of the first half inch, and then it picks up speed, so I get forty five out of the next two or two and a half inches.

Is it just me? Am I wrong? Or is that weird?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I kind of feel like this. Maybe it's a mental thing, because you're seeing the stick get smaller. I dunno.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Mine always seem to go pretty fast until the halfway mark, then they slow down. For me, I think it's more a mental thing; when I see it's about halfway down, I start thinking about going inside and what I'm gonna watch on tv or eat for dinner
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Same here. I'm pretty sure it's not just us because it happens to everyone I herf with. The slower I go at first, the longer the last half lasts. I was just thinking about how wierd this is.

Edit: I guess I read this wrong last night. I'm the direct opposite of you sounds like.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    The second half seems way slower to me
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Its like a good beer. The better it is, the faster I consume it. If the cigar gets better as it burns, I smoke it faster. Surely a weakness on my part. But, I yam what I yam.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Hmm, I kind of feel like this. Maybe it's a mental thing, because you're seeing the stick get smaller. I dunno.
    ///its what she said!