Home Cigar 101

Your Puff Method

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone have a distinct "puff" method they use? I do one long draw, rotate, then light puff light puff long puff. I do this to make sure my burn stays constant. If I don't, then I notice my cigars don't burn even and go out more.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...puff, puff, pass.
    Hope it makes it back....

wait, you mean cigars?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do one or 2 quicker puffs, followed by one long smooth draw. The quicker puffs get the burn going a little. Sometimes I can skip the quick puffs if the cigar is burning well or if it's a smaller rg.

I typically do rotate the cigar as I'm smoking (not during a puff). This does infact help keep the burn straight and self-correct. Slow-buring side goes to the bottom.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I do one or 2 quicker puffs, followed by one long smooth draw. The quicker puffs get the burn going a little. Sometimes I can skip the quick puffs if the cigar is burning well or if it's a smaller rg.

I typically do rotate the cigar as I'm smoking (not during a puff). This does infact help keep the burn straight and self-correct. Slow-buring side goes to the bottom.
    this is exactly how i do it!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Be polite pass to the right
    Money can't buy taste
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    more to follow.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Cant say I have a method. I will pay more attention next time I smoke though.
    kuzi16:
    more to follow.
    ok... not on my phone now.

i take a short purge or outward puff (-1)
    then a quick normal puff (1)
    then a long slow and easy draw.

its a modification of the 1,2,3 method. thats the same as what i do but the first step is a quick draw not a quick purge.

and to be fair i only use the -1 about 1/3 of the time. usually its just 1,2. or in my case 2,3
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    The last thing I need is something else to be worried about...wait was that three short puffs or two? aaaaahhhhh!

pross:
    The last thing I need is something else to be worried about...wait was that three short puffs or two? aaaaahhhhh!

if you are worried about cigars you are using them wrong.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    more to follow.

its a modification of the 1,2,3 method. thats the same as what i do but the first step is a quick draw not a quick purge.

and to be fair i only use the -1 about 1/3 of the time. usually its just 1,2. or in my case 2,3
    I do the -1 as soon as I'm done lighting the cigar. Once i know it's lit, I do a long -1. After that then yeah the 1,2,3.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    more to follow.

I can attest to the goodness of the Kuzi method. I've been working on it for a while now. I alternate the -1, 2, 3, and the 2, 3 every 30-60 seconds (or one page of a book read).

If I'm in company, though, I just smoke the damn thing.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Depends on the construction and vitola.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff puff draw = bliss
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    1-2 short puffs, then a long draw. No rhyme or reason for this, just the way I started and I've always done it that way
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    1-2 short puffs, then a long draw. No rhyme or reason for this, just the way I started and I've always done it that way
    Yep, that's pretty much it. Changing between 1 and 2 short puffs depending on burn.