Home Cigar 101

What is the difference between the Acid Kuba Kuba and the Acid 1400cc?

Sorry if this question has been answered(I did a forum thread search with no results), or if it is too newbie of me to ask.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Acid 1400cc this evening.  What I could not tell (besides the obvious packaging difference) , was the flavor difference between this cigar and the Acid Kuba Kuba.  Is it supposed to be a different flavor?  Or is it just a different name for a different shape of the same cigar?  Or am i still too cigar young, yet, to tell the difference?

Any thoughts or answers on this?

Thank you :)

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Same blend, different size. Same infusion too, I would guess.
  • Thank you.
  • Just in case anybody else has this question, here is what the expert at Cigar.com help has to say:
    " the 1400 is a bit milder in strength and has more of a cotton candy type taste, the Kuba Kuba is great, but diff. taste."

I didn't think i was crazy.  I thought I could taste a difference, but it was so subtle, that i thought i was just deluding myself.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rockstar2577:
    Just in case anybody else has this question, here is what the expert at Cigar.com help has to say:
    " the 1400 is a bit milder in strength and has more of a cotton candy type taste, the Kuba Kuba is great, but diff. taste."

I didn't think i was crazy.  I thought I could taste a difference, but it was so subtle, that i thought i was just deluding myself.

You have to love the guys at CCOM ...their knowledge is un surpassed ...
  • Indeed!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rockstar2577:
    Just in case anybody else has this question, here is what the expert at Cigar.com help has to say:

I have had both, and agree with the comment on the 1400 being milder ( only slightly) than the Kuba.. I would avoid the comment about Cotton Candy taste, not a strong selling point.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    kaspera79:
    rockstar2577:

I have had both, and agree with the comment on the 1400 being milder ( only slightly) than the Kuba.. I would avoid the comment about Cotton Candy taste, not a strong selling point.
    I don't know, never having tried a DE cigar, the cotton candy comment is the only one that made me think "hmmm, I just might have to try one of those". ;) Their marketing usually just leaves me scratching my head.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its too bad that DE has a reputation for the ACID line. i feel that their non-infused cigars are very good also. Liga Pravada #9 is one of my all time favorite nicaraguan cigars (may actually be in my top 10 highest rated in my catalog as well)

they have a good lower end with la vieja habana as well
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yes, if you only know them for their infused cigars you're missing out on some good stuff. I like some of their flavored stuff (especially the coffee types) but have trouble telling what flavor they are going for some times. I had a Pimp Stick last week and couldn't figure it out at all. Some part of my brain was saying "gin", but as I haven't touched the stuff in twenty years I couldn't be sure.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Yes, if you only know them for their infused cigars you're missing out on some good stuff. I like some of their flavored stuff (especially the coffee types) but have trouble telling what flavor they are going for some times. I had a Pimp Stick last week and couldn't figure it out at all. Some part of my brain was saying "gin", but as I haven't touched the stuff in twenty years I couldn't be sure.
    If it was GIN then maybe we can reference another thread about the Man 'O War and then we can have

Gin 'N Juicy!!!