Home General Discussion

Ashton Event

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Well tonight I am going to an event I am very excited about! It's an Ashton Taste of Excellence event at my local shop. We had to purchase out ticket in advance and it was only $15. With this ticket each person gets: 2 free cigars, one being the new Ashton ‘ Majesty’ which is an Ashton VSG Wizard with a Connecticut Shade wrapper and one of the new La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial (made by Don Pepin Garcia). Plus the ticket is good for $15 off any purchases of Ashton cigars in the Humidor.

Along with the stogies there will be some spirits to sample (Patron Anejo Tequila and Ketel 1 Vodka), shelled walnuts, and dark chocolate. Box purchases will not only get a discount, but will include a free La Aroma de Cuba Humidor made by Savoy. Should be a LOT of fun and I'll be sure to update everyone on how this event goes!

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I want to move to TX.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn you Puro ! I would love to live close to the B&M that has all those events close to you ...Have a blast man and remember to smoke one for us less fortunates !!! LOL
  • Enjoy. The La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial was the first cigar that I ever smoked that made me say, "Thats the best cigar I've ever smoked in my life."
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    we had a similar ashton event in my B&M a few months ago. different cigars and no humidor. the focus was on how to pair a cigar with scotch so there were a few different ones there and it was included in the $20 charge.

i had to work.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    In October, a local B&M is having an event with Camacho, Ashton, Fuente, Torano, La Aurora, Oliveros and I can't read the last name. It is either Aristoff or Kristoff.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    we had a similar ashton event in my B&M a few months ago. different cigars and no humidor. the focus was on how to pair a cigar with scotch so there were a few different ones there and it was included in the $20 charge.

i had to work.
    We had a Scotch pairing event with the Jesus Fuego event that was really good.

Tuesday there was an event at another shop about 10 miles from me with Tim Ozgener from CAO and it was a tasting for the LX2. For that one everyone got to smoke 3 Puro's of the different ones that were blended into the LX2, then got to smoke and LX2 to compare them. I wish I coulda made it to that one but had too much going on that day.
    Well the Ashton event was AWESOME! Had a great time with a couple of my favorite smoking buddies, smoked the Ashton Majesty while I was there and have to admit it was a damn fine smoke! I wasn't sure how the conny wrapper would go with the VSG filler and binder, but it was really good. I still like the VSG better though. I took the La Aroma home and picked up a Herritage and a San Cristobal while I was there.

I got to sit and talk with Kent, the owner of the shop, for a while and I am excited about some of the stuff he has coming up. First of all his house blend just came in and it is actually a special limited release blend from Pete Johnson! It sounds amazing and I can't wait to try a few! It has the brown Label like the Miami's in the Noella size. Kent described it as being between the regular Brown label Noella and the Reserva Maduro. He only got 96 boxes in already sold 45 in 3 days. He also told me about some of his upcoming events which include Oliva in August, Don Pepin in Sept, Pete Johnson again in Oct with the special Halloween released cigar that only 13 shops in the country get, and a few more big names before the end of the year. Should be a fun last half of the year and Cigar Shop and More in Addison TX!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Ashton event was AWESOME! Had a great time with a couple of my favorite smoking buddies, smoked the Ashton Majesty while I was there and have to admit it was a damn fine smoke! I wasn't sure how the conny wrapper would go with the VSG filler and binder, but it was really good. I still like the VSG better though. I took the La Aroma home and picked up a Herritage and a San Cristobal while I was there.

I got to sit and talk with Kent, the owner of the shop, for a while and I am excited about some of the stuff he has coming up. First of all his house blend just came in and it is actually a special limited release blend from Pete Johnson! It sounds amazing and I can't wait to try a few! It has the brown Label like the Miami's in the Noella size. Kent described it as being between the regular Brown label Noella and the Reserva Maduro. He only got 96 boxes in already sold 45 in 3 days. He also told me about some of his upcoming events which include Oliva in August, Don Pepin in Sept, Pete Johnson again in Oct with the special Halloween released cigar that only 13 shops in the country get, and a few more big names before the end of the year. Should be a fun last half of the year and Cigar Shop and More in Addison TX!!!
    damnit...I know there are only steers and queers in TX, but I wanna move there anyway!

seriously though, I'm jealous.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:

SON OF A ......
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'd like to go to something like that someday. Events here are usually mixed street events where everyone slaps a table on the sidewalk and people just walk on by...They had one here the other week, I had to miss it.
    cabinetmaker:
    I'd like to go to something like that someday. Events here are usually mixed street events where everyone slaps a table on the sidewalk and people just walk on by...They had one here the other week, I had to miss it.
    Well the Don Pepin event will be early sept. They are usually on a thursday night here at this shop. I can keep ya posted if you wanna try to come up here for it.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:

I gotta make that Oliva event. I missed the one at my shop. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the date. Glad to see you had a good time. Your shop really does put on some great events from the sound of it.
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:

I gotta make that Oliva event. I missed the one at my shop. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the date. Glad to see you had a good time. Your shop really does put on some great events from the sound of it.
    The Oliva event is Aug 6th I believe. If you buy 4 Oliva cigars at the shop between now and the event you get a free oliva cigar and are entered to win the big Oliva Kegerator they are giving away. It's going to be a fun deal!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:

The Oliva event is Aug 6th I believe. If you buy 4 Oliva cigars at the shop between now and the event you get a free oliva cigar and are entered to win the big Oliva Kegerator they are giving away. It's going to be a fun deal!
    I checked my schedule today, and it looks like I won't be able to make it out there for the Oliva event since I'm working that night. I might be able to switch with someone though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    Cohiba had a tasting at one of the local shops this weekend.  They did something funky with the dates and everybody showed up a day early so they threw something together day before it was suppose to happen.  So today there was practically nobody there.  There were only 5 people total in the drawings when I was there (to include me). 

I've never been to an event before and really just happened in on this one.  But I got about 5 free cohiba's and some cutters, which was cool.  I didn't win anything big (3 finger leather cases/ wine bag)  but still fun.  I will be going to more.