Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Casa Fuego our buddy Jo sent me a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it, but not as much as some of Mr. Feugo's other blends. Still a great stick though. And I just finished up a Padill '68 Robusto, these never dissapoint. It has been a while since I had one, I was kind of hording the last two I had, but I got a few in today from a sampler split Tumbler and I did and found out I have 20 more coming for my birthday from my wife, so I figured I should go ahead and burn off the ones I have had on hand, lol.

heh heh - You said you could smoke those every day - Now you might! Like your wife already and I never had to meet her...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a El Rey del Mundo Robusto for lunch ...damn I love these smokes...tons of smoke, great flavor , no burn issues...these are definitly one of my favorite every day go to smoke ...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had myself a RP 1990 Torpedo. I have had this at least since December but I think it was longer maybe closer to October or December. The cigar was alright. There were some decent flavors but there was a lot of blandness. It got better as time went on but never really wowed me.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Just finished a El Rey del Mundo Robusto for lunch ...damn I love these smokes...tons of smoke, great flavor , no burn issues...these are definitly one of my favorite every day go to smoke ...

Perdomo Lot 23 was smoke number 2 for the day ...a little age seems to mellow these out nicely ...a good overall smoke ...not outstanding but solid nonetheless ...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    gmill880:

Perdomo Lot 23 was smoke number 2 for the day ...a little age seems to mellow these out nicely ...a good overall smoke ...not outstanding but solid nonetheless ...
    Yeah I found the same thing with the Lot 23's. They are a good smoke, but definately get better with some age on 'em.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Casa Fuego our buddy Jo sent me a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it, but not as much as some of Mr. Feugo's other blends. Still a great stick though. And I just finished up a Padill '68 Robusto, these never dissapoint. It has been a while since I had one, I was kind of hording the last two I had, but I got a few in today from a sampler split Tumbler and I did and found out I have 20 more coming for my birthday from my wife, so I figured I should go ahead and burn off the ones I have had on hand, lol.

heh heh - You said you could smoke those every day - Now you might! Like your wife already and I never had to meet her...
    I definately can. My wife ended up getting me 20 5 Vegas Cask Strength II's (not a box, but the equivilant), 20 gigantic Padilla Serie '68 Salomons, and a very cool 5 Vegas t-shirt. Awesome chick man, I tell ya. Then to top it off, my parents gave me $50 for my birthday, just in time for me to get a deal on some RP Decade Toros - 10 for $40. Good birthday, good birthday. And I might con the wife into heading down to the B&M in Lake Charles today or tomorrow and picking up this nice Tatuaje ash tray they had there...mwuhahahahahahaha!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Last night was a Liga Privada No. 9. Last one. Just got an email from Tim at CCOM offering me a deal on more, though - nice timing.
  • Options
    olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    Think I'll light up a Man-O-War & pour a short glass of Crown.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Can't Decide between a Hemingway or a Diaomnd Crown Maximus...

Either of which will be smoked after firing up some chicken boobies and some peppers on the grill
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I just got home from the Ghurka event at my local B & M. Awesome. I was browsing the humidor when Rocky Patel wasked in smoking a Ghurka! I hung out and smoked one. Rocky was very nice, He shook my hand and introduced himself. That does not happen every day. I smoked a Tempus. Very nice cigar. The Ghurka specials were awesome, I spent way too much.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just had a CAO black. I'm unimpressed. I was hoping for more.
  • Options
    Today was a Padilla Achilles Soloman.
  • Options
    First 3 smoke day since the H.A. ...Vigilante ...Plugged ...tried the paperclip which opened it up some ...burn issue as well ...a tough sucker to draw on ...flavor (what I could get) was good. Could only make it to halfway point ...so much effort to smoke and keep lit it totally wiped the experience ...I need to try another as I know I didn't get the full flavor and body and what this cigar is about ...I think I have one more resting ...
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Today was a Padilla Achilles Soloman.

Zoom I love your tag line ...and totally agree ...
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:

I definately can. My wife ended up getting me 20 5 Vegas Cask Strength II's (not a box, but the equivilant), 20 gigantic Padilla Serie '68 Salomons, and a very cool 5 Vegas t-shirt. Awesome chick man, I tell ya. Then to top it off, my parents gave me $50 for my birthday, just in time for me to get a deal on some RP Decade Toros - 10 for $40. Good birthday, good birthday. And I might con the wife into heading down to the B&M in Lake Charles today or tomorrow and picking up this nice Tatuaje ash tray they had there...mwuhahahahahahaha!

She's a KEEPER Tony ....!!!
  • Options
    Hell yeah she is, lol. I just got finished with a Felipe Gregorio Power that Joe sent a little over a week ago. Damn good pick Joe, that stick was awesome. It wasn't quite as powerful as I thought it was going to be, but it still has a pretty stought kick. And the flavor is phenominal, absolutely great cigar.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Decided on a Fuente Hemingway and it was delicious as my 4qt. of homemade spaghetti sauce was simmering... too bad the rain cut my 13 month old cigar a little short...
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:

You might need another Humi more than the ash tray. :) What a haul my man... I sent you 40 cigars... :) and damn where did you get the toro decades? Would you PM me?

Gene glad to see you are back in the pink! A three cigar day! Hope you feel as good as you sound...

Today was an Edge corojo, padilla 48 (starting to like them Tony), and an Opus. The wife is gone so I mowed the yard, cleaned the bike, house, and the garage. Tomorrow will be the car, An exciting time putzin.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This afternoon I started with a Ghurka Centurian, it was good until a little after the first third, then it started to taste bitter and funky, I tried to power through it, but I kept nodding off and finally dropped it. Later was an Oliva Serie V lancero that I've had kicking around for over a year, it was excellent and I burned it to the nub. To finish the night off, I had a La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II which, let me tell you, is one strong cigar...I'm still feeling a little rumbly in the old tumbly, damn good cigar though.
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    I likey the centurian.  I had a 5 vegas series A.  It was pretty good, nothing special.
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:

You might need another Humi more than the ash tray. :) What a haul my man... I sent you 40 cigars... :) and damn where did you get the toro decades? Would you PM me?

Gene glad to see you are back in the pink! A three cigar day! Hope you feel as good as you sound...

Today was an Edge corojo, padilla 48 (starting to like them Tony), and an Opus. The wife is gone so I mowed the yard, cleaned the bike, house, and the garage. Tomorrow will be the car, An exciting time putzin.
    Funny that you say that, because we went to Wal-Mart and picked up a new cooler yesterday. I now have 2 coolerdors and 4 humis. The wife has already blessed off on a cabinet humidor though, just gotta wait till the beginning of the year. I had to get the cooler due to those trades, my birthday present, and the pass coming back. I am trying to let the 48's sit for a little while before I smoke one, I've only had one before and I don't remember it very well. I will probably smoke one tomorrow though, lol.
  • Options
    Went out earlier and had my first birthday smoke, a Pryme Toro. I believe this is still my favorite all-around cigar, what a great way to start the day. I am eyeing the Oliva V Maduro or the Padron 1964 I have in the humi for later.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Happy Birthday! To commerate this fine day, I'm gonna smoke a RP Decade and a CAO Italia in addition to the Gurkha S-2 and Ashton VSG I've already smoked. Seriously though, happy birthday!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Went out earlier and had my first birthday smoke, a Pryme Toro. I believe this is still my favorite all-around cigar, what a great way to start the day. I am eyeing the Oliva V Maduro or the Padron 1964 I have in the humi for later.
    Happy B-day! I've already smoked a 5 Vegas Classic which was great for ya! Probably gonna have an Onyx Reserve this evening. Either that or an Aurora Maduro.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Happy Birthday brother! I haven't had a 64 in a long time. I'm gonna have to change that. I have one lesft from 2006. I would probably go with that!
  • Options
    Started a RP Signature 500 today but I didn't get a chance to finish it. I have 2 more of these I think from last year. I was sitting in my truck by the lake and all of a sudden I had to "GO" if you know what I mean so I drove home and sat on my throne for a while! Hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    Had a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro earlier in the day, and am currently enjoying a Sol Cubano Sumatra that arrived via PIF from JetMech some time back.
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:

Yeah feelin' pretty good Tumbler thanks man
  • Options
    Happy birthday Tony
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:

Funny that you say that, because we went to Wal-Mart and picked up a new cooler yesterday. I now have 2 coolerdors and 4 humis. The wife has already blessed off on a cabinet humidor though, just gotta wait till the beginning of the year. I had to get the cooler due to those trades, my birthday present, and the pass coming back. I am trying to let the 48's sit for a little while before I smoke one, I've only had one before and I don't remember it very well. I will probably smoke one tomorrow though, lol.

I think I recall you PMing the cabinetmaker a few weeks ago. :) Yes, I would love a big cabinet humidor i could just store boxes and boxes of cigars. I have 4 humidors also - I just don't think my wife would go for the big boy. I push her to the edge now... heh heh

I use to do some cabinet work. I have a powermatic cabinet maker's table saw, inca plainer/joiner, lamello biscuit joiner, and many hand tools, but the last place I moved just doesn't have a spot. My tools are setting 300 miles away in storage. A two car garage just doesn't cut it... :)

I was investigating my humis last night and didn't realize how many Padilla Maimi(s) I have. It's a good thing. Woke up to one of those this morning - a great smoke. Another Padilla '48 this afternoon, and am having a big bore LFD double ligero now. I like the smaller gauge better - but this is still really good. It's starting to open up at this moment.