Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Started a RP Signature 500 today but I didn't get a chance to finish it. I have 2 more of these I think from last year. I was sitting in my truck by the lake and all of a sudden I had to "GO" if you know what I mean so I drove home and sat on my throne for a while! Hate it when that happens.

That's when you commune with nature - a little closer to the lake - behind a poison Oak - with your cigar in hand. Just reach up and grab a few of those leaves to clean up with...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Tumbler:
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Casa Fuego our buddy Jo sent me a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it, but not as much as some of Mr. Feugo's other blends. Still a great stick though. And I just finished up a Padill '68 Robusto, these never dissapoint. It has been a while since I had one, I was kind of hording the last two I had, but I got a few in today from a sampler split Tumbler and I did and found out I have 20 more coming for my birthday from my wife, so I figured I should go ahead and burn off the ones I have had on hand, lol.

heh heh - You said you could smoke those every day - Now you might! Like your wife already and I never had to meet her...
    I definately can. My wife ended up getting me 20 5 Vegas Cask Strength II's (not a box, but the equivilant), 20 gigantic Padilla Serie '68 Salomons, and a very cool 5 Vegas t-shirt. Awesome chick man, I tell ya. Then to top it off, my parents gave me $50 for my birthday, just in time for me to get a deal on some RP Decade Toros - 10 for $40. Good birthday, good birthday. And I might con the wife into heading down to the B&M in Lake Charles today or tomorrow and picking up this nice Tatuaje ash tray they had there...mwuhahahahahahaha!

You might need another Humi more than the ash tray. :) What a haul my man... I sent you 40 cigars... :) and damn where did you get the toro decades? Would you PM me?

Gene glad to see you are back in the pink! A three cigar day! Hope you feel as good as you sound...

Today was an Edge corojo, padilla 48 (starting to like them Tony), and an Opus. The wife is gone so I mowed the yard, cleaned the bike, house, and the garage. Tomorrow will be the car, An exciting time putzin.
    Funny that you say that, because we went to Wal-Mart and picked up a new cooler yesterday. I now have 2 coolerdors and 4 humis. The wife has already blessed off on a cabinet humidor though, just gotta wait till the beginning of the year. I had to get the cooler due to those trades, my birthday present, and the pass coming back. I am trying to let the 48's sit for a little while before I smoke one, I've only had one before and I don't remember it very well. I will probably smoke one tomorrow though, lol.

I think I recall you PMing the cabinetmaker a few weeks ago. :) Yes, I would love a big cabinet humidor i could just store boxes and boxes of cigars. I have 4 humidors also - I just don't think my wife would go for the big boy. I push her to the edge now... heh heh

I use to do some cabinet work. I have a powermatic cabinet maker's table saw, inca plainer/joiner, lamello biscuit joiner, and many hand tools, but the last place I moved just doesn't have a spot. My tools are setting 300 miles away in storage. A two car garage just doesn't cut it... :)

I was investigating my humis last night and didn't realize how many Padilla Maimi(s) I have. It's a good thing. Woke up to one of those this morning - a great smoke. Another Padilla '48 this afternoon, and am having a big bore LFD double ligero now. I like the smaller gauge better - but this is still really good. It's starting to open up at this moment.
    Yeah, the wifey already blessed off on it, so I have started looking into either having one built or just getting a pre-fab one. The pre-fab is obviously cheaper, but there is a huge cool factor in having one custom built. And our local cabinet maker here is only a few hours away. Road trip anyone? Just gotta wait till next year's tax returns.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, I ended up going with the Oliva V Maduro, which was a mistake. I hate smoking a cigar, finding out how much I like it, and being unable to get more, lol. Oh well, such is life. It was an awesome cigar, thanks again to Vinnie.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Tumbler:
    rwheelwright:
    Started a RP Signature 500 today but I didn't get a chance to finish it. I have 2 more of these I think from last year. I was sitting in my truck by the lake and all of a sudden I had to "GO" if you know what I mean so I drove home and sat on my throne for a while! Hate it when that happens.

That's when you commune with nature - a little closer to the lake - behind a poison Oak - with your cigar in hand. Just reach up and grab a few of those leaves to clean up with...
    LOL! A few leaves would not have helped with this one!
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I had problems tonight too, getting dive bombed by a couple of bats while smoking an organic...I'm really starting to like those suckers, the organics, not the bats.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    owr maduro compliments of the esteemed jozer...excellent stick...love this stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Camacho 1962 Pre-embargo early this afternoon, nice as always, though a few more months will do good for the remainders. Later was a JFC toro that's been kicking around for about 7-8 months, and that's about what it took for this cigar to get good, the two I had smoked prior to this one didn't have much flavor or substance to them, this one was quite enjoyable with a nice woodsy, peppery flavor over a medium body.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothing for me after the 3 ciggy day saturday ...
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Smoked a Padilla Obsidian with a year on it on an almost empty stomach. Great flavor, the year helped this stick out a ton, but boy did I get a crazy nic buzz out of it. One of the few cigars that put me on my butt in the last 6 months.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Nothing for me after the 3 ciggy day saturday ...

I like your sense of restraint.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Had a Bolivar Churchill yesterday to Celebrate it being Sunday... Very nice smoke and smooth as silk
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I too had a Padila Obsidian today. The flavor profile was notable, full bodied, long finish, the burn required a bit of touch up after the first inch, but still very enjoyable.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I had a ton of cigars over the weekend, since I was on my first vacation in three years. Of note, the two best were a mas gordo aroma de cuba on the beach during the day, and an Oliva V, maybe like a churchill size, on the beach at night. Great sticks.
  • Options
    I wish to go smoke right now... but laziness has set in after cleaning the house...

(Well I call it cleaning the house, the girlfriend thinks I just push stuff in the corners)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I wish to go smoke right now... but laziness has set in after cleaning the house...

(Well I call it cleaning the house, the girlfriend thinks I just push stuff in the corners)
    I thought that was cleaning house....?
  • Options
    Just finished a Padilla 1948. Very good cigar, much better than I remember. Although I still prefer the '68, this one is close second.
  • Options
    Nothing for the second day in a row ...work was a biotch today ! I did however just finish putting new 69 Boveda Packs in all of my humi's ...I love these things ...they make me sleep a lot better at night...well them and some red wine and Tylenol 3 ...hehehe...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well nothing tonight so far but I have an Onyx that is calling my name... Last night I went with the Aurora Maduro that was pretty good. Gave my brother in law a 5 Vegas Series A and he enjoyed it, but only smoked about half of it and put it down. Kinda bugged me, but not a big deal.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Well nothing tonight so far but I have an Onyx that is calling my name... Last night I went with the Aurora Maduro that was pretty good. Gave my brother in law a 5 Vegas Series A and he enjoyed it, but only smoked about half of it and put it down. Kinda bugged me, but not a big deal.

Is he a regular cigar smoker or what I call a fringe smoker (will when someone else is ) or just trying it (cigar smoking) out ???
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Is he a regular cigar smoker or what I call a fringe smoker (will when someone else is ) or just trying it (cigar smoking) out ???
    He used to smoke pretty often, but his wife doesn't let him. She was out of town last night so he came over to have a smoke and a few beers.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

He used to smoke pretty often, but his wife doesn't let him. She was out of town last night so he came over to have a smoke and a few beers.

Hhmmmm...keep HIS wife away from YOUR wife ...LOL
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Not a problem! lol My wife can't stand her and my wife enjoys a few puffs off my cigar every now and then. I got a keeper!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Not a problem! lol My wife can't stand her and my wife enjoys a few puffs off my cigar every now and then. I got a keeper!

Indeed you do my friend !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Indeed you do my friend !!!
    She is the one that encouraged me to start going to all the cigar events, she has bought me a Padron 1926 Aniv. Maduro, and ESG, a Cohiba Black, and a Xikar Cutter. Not to mention she doesn't mind my buddy Nick coming over for a smoke several times a week with me. Pretty understanding woman. She knows I get pretty stressed sometimes at work and need a way to release some of that.
  • Options
    Padilla '38 for breakfast, Oliva V figurado for lunch, and am having a Miami Tat with hydrocodone to finish things off tonight... Are you still listening Gene?
  • Options
    Went out and had a Carinos before bed tonight. I got it in a 20 cigar sampler, it was one of the 4 or 5 I was too excited about, but it really wasn't a bad cigar. I wouldn't go out and buy any, but I wouldn't be detered from buying another sampler with one or two in it.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Needed some time to think outside and I took a C.com Brazilian Label outside with me. Solid smoke and perked up my mood a ton. Great alternative to a CAO Brazilia.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Garen B:
    Smoked a Padilla Obsidian with a year on it on an almost empty stomach. Great flavor, the year helped this stick out a ton, but boy did I get a crazy nic buzz out of it. One of the few cigars that put me on my butt in the last 6 months.
    I have one of these that has been sitting since February when I got it in the cotm shipment. I'm gonna smoke it in August. I've been letting all my cotm stuff sit siz months before I touch them. This will be my second Obisidian. The first one was good but had a tough draw and kept going out.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been on a lot lately but I figured I'd catch you guys up on some of my smoking as of late. I had an ISOM Cohiba with Scrambler. I've also had a Cruzada, an RP Royal Vintage, a few ESV's, a MOW Ruination, A.Fernandez Signature, I-Press and an RP Signature Series Lancero. There's been others but those are the highlights.

Out of those I would smoke all of them again but I particularly enjoyed the A. Fernandez, the MOW Ruination, the ESV and surprisingly the RP Signature Series.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Ruination too. At the moment I'm enjoying a Hoyo Excaliber Prensado Oscuro. And the big brown truck just brought some Limitado '09s and some other goodies.
  • Options
    This afternoon was a Gurkha Legend Churchill... this one was a victim of cigar beetles at the foot, so we'll see how it goes, so far so good, not done yet.