Home General Discussion

cigar prototype

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
guy on a fishing forum makes pens, i sent him some cigars and labels and he is working on this one, i think it looks awesome!

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    thats pretty cool, i think he needs a more tabacco look,looks like wood grain, but not bad looking i like the ash
    let us know when he starts to sell them
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is pretty cool
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Dig it, but I agree on it looking more like wood than tobacco. Very simply adding lines where the wrapper would have wrapped around the stick would do wonders. Adding veins as well would be awesome, but I think just the wrapping lines would go a long way.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I like the pen. I got something similar at the Partagas 20th Anniversary Cigar festival in Cuba. This is a paper weight, made from lime stone. photo Gigante13004_zpse2ad41f0.jpg photo Gigante13005_zps052e33f3.jpg
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Ditto on the more work on the unburned part. No disrespect, just his artwork on the Ashes is so freaking phenomenal, I can't for a second believe he can't get some veins and wrapper edges on the unburned part. That's awesome, he adds rolling leaves and veins, and I need one, or 5. Beautiful on the ash.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!! Especially from pics, wow with some veins on the outside and that ash...well done look forward to an updated version!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I wonder would he stick a key in where that pen is?

Here's the deal: All three of my bikes have barbacks installed to achieve a more upright riding position. That kind of puts the key down in a hole where it's a hassle to reach. I have the key on our big bagger attached to a wooden knife handle so I can get to it and turn it easier with gloves on. But then it jabs me in my pocket. A faux cigar like you are showing would make a good key extension and slip in the pocket easily.

Can you put me in touch with the guy?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)