Home Cigar 101

Where the heck is 5 Vegas based out of?

Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
I was talking with one of my smoking buddies about 5 Vegas and the question came up of where the heck these guys are located. I didn't have an answer and their site doesn't say much, any know where these guys are at?

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I believe they used to be a Cuban brand but are now in Honduras. I may be wrong about that though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Is it Don Pepin Garcia involved in producing - these I think ...
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Dpg is involved with the 5v Miami but I think that's about it. I know that the placencias are in there somewhere too. I've also heard that a competitor of ccom owns 5v but I'm not sure how true that one is.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Garen, I did a quick Wikipedia search and a review site, on 5 Vegas that had limited information but claims that the original is made for the owner of " an online retailer " that bought the line after it appeared to be failing during the cigar boom/bust. It is now made by Nestor Plasencia, with the exception of the many special edition cigars which are made by various manufacturers. I'm like 'em so I am pleased to still have them available.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Thanks for the info Kas, I like em too, that's how it ended up coming up and when my buddy asked me to tell him about them, I realized that I didn't know much about them aside from liking most of the cigars they put out.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Garen B:
    Thanks for the info Kas, I like em too, that's how it ended up coming up and when my buddy asked me to tell him about them, I realized that I didn't know much about them aside from liking most of the cigars they put out.

I havent had any, Im sitting on three A apotheosis size.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Vegas. 5th street. Welcome