Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho

curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
Ok folks. Tell me about this line.
I am looking into buying a few sticks to try and would like to hear your opinions on which size, model you prefer most and why.
Any help would be appreciated.
As a heads up I have already bought the PE and it sits in my humi, as it will for some time.
Thanks.
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you say model?
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Line, Model, What ever you want to call it, Label etc... take your pick ! LOL

leave me alone on my first coffee damn it ! :)
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    curtpick:

its all good brother just giving you a hard time. I do enjoy the Camacho triple maduros (only had 2 of them)...and they were both robustos. PE's are damn good IMO.
    smoke em if you got em:
    curtpick:

its all good brother just giving you a hard time. I do enjoy the Camacho triple maduros (only had 2 of them)...and they were both robustos. PE's are damn good IMO.
    I will look into those triples. They look really yummy. Thanks
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Triple Maddy and the Corojo and liked both a lot. I prefered the Corojo over the Maduro, but thoroughly enjoyed both. There are folks around here that like the Corojo Ltd. and the 10th anneversary, and also the Connecticut. The PE is well thought of as well. Really you cant go wrong with Camacho. Also, if you like Camacho, look into the Room 101 stuff. I've only had the Habano and the Conjura edition but really like both of those.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Camacho's are da s***! Enough said! Honestly though I haven't had one I didn't like... Sadly the PE was my least favorite of the ones I have had so far. May need to revisit it. Not that it was bad, it just didn't blow me away for the price.
    insomnniapb:
    Camacho's are da s***! Enough said! Honestly though I haven't had one I didn't like... Sadly the PE was my least favorite of the ones I have had so far. May need to revisit it. Not that it was bad, it just didn't blow me away for the price.
    I hear ya.
    I bought the PE just out of curiosity and the blend looked interesting.
    Hell I might get just a itty bit of cuban in there like they say ! LOL
    We shall see if its worth it.
    pelirrojo:
    I've had the Triple Maddy and the Corojo and liked both a lot. I prefered the Corojo over the Maduro, but thoroughly enjoyed both. There are folks around here that like the Corojo Ltd. and the 10th anneversary, and also the Connecticut. The PE is well thought of as well. Really you cant go wrong with Camacho. Also, if you like Camacho, look into the Room 101 stuff. I've only had the Habano and the Conjura edition but really like both of those.
    Ya I have been eying those too.
    More than likely will look for deals on single stick of each just to see if they fit my taste.
    I understand the Ditkas are out of the Camacho factory. Though I may be mistaken.
    I have one from the Alex MM special just calling my name but it needs to rest for awhile.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    which size, model you prefer most and why.
    Hmm ..... hard to pick just one model ;-) note: link may be inappropriate for work
    LOL

smoke em if you got em:
    PE's are damn good IMO.
    +1
    Royln knows what's up. These are probably my favorite Camacho, but MSRP is way too high.

If we're talking only "Camacho" branded cigars, of the ones I've smoked then:
    Camacho Connecticut = second favorite ...
    Havana and Triple Maduro = tied for third

Lost of folks love the Camacho Corojo but I could take it or leave it....

But if we're talking anything from the Camacho factory then I'd have a hard time picking #2, 3, etc.
    All of the Room 101s I've had were fantastic; OSOK, Daruma, Namakubi, OSOK 212 ...
    Which would make it real hard to pick favorites ...

And ....
    curtpick:
    I understand the Ditkas are out of the Camacho factory.
    You're correct.
    I've only had the HOF (maduro) but it was great too. I'd take it over the Triple Maduro any day if it wasn't for the price....
    I need to try the other Ditkas soon so if I find one I like I can stock up before they're gone.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    curtpick:
    which size, model you prefer most and why.
    Hmm ..... hard to pick just one model ;-) note: link may be inappropriate for work
    LOL

smoke em if you got em:
    PE's are damn good IMO.
    +1
    Royln knows what's up. These are probably my favorite Camacho, but MSRP is way too high.

Camacho Connecticut = second favorite ...
    Havana and Triple Maduro = tied for third

Lost of folks love the corojo but I could take it or leave it....

But if we're talking anything from the Camacho factory then I'd have a hard time picking #2, 3, etc.
    All of the Room 101s I've had were fantastic which makes it hard to decide....

And ....
    curtpick:
    I understand the Ditkas are out of the Camacho factory.
    You're correct. I've only had the HOF (maduro) but it was great too. I need to try the others before they're all gone.
    Very nice.....Models...LOL
    Now that my mind is elsewhere.....:)
    jgibv:
    Camacho Connecticut = second favorite
    Must try one of those...they sound amazing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Camacho is one of my favorite brands. (#4 for those keeping track). i have smoked almost all of their regular production cigars and many of the LEs. as far as regular production goes here are my thoughts (readers digest version alphabetical order):
    10th Anniversary is all Honduran Corojo and it tastes like it. there is plenty of the autumn flavors that i associate with corojo. it isnt overpowering. its just good.

the Camacho Candela is the only medium bodied Candela i can really think of that actually tastes like a Candela. (LFDs candela is medium also but doesnt have the taste of a candela to me) There are notes of grass and earth. the wrapper is a bit fragile and burns kind of flakey some times but it is a good smoke if you are in the mood for it.

the Camacho Connecticut is, in my opinion their weakest option in their line up. that being said, i still buy them and smoke them a few times a year. these do not benefit from age.

the Camacho Corojo is a cigar that i think of when i think of Corojo flavor. it is the first true corojo in the non-Cuban world. there is spice and autumn flavors. i make it a point to smoke these in the fall months. they compliment a campfire like no other cigar out there. i love this cigar. it ages well. it is inexpensive (under $8 for all sizes).

the Camacho Corojo Ltd is about the same cigar as the Corojo but i find it more approachable for the rest of the year. the extra age on the tobacco gives it a bit more floral taste that i enjoy quite a bit. this ages well also.
    the Corojo Ltd Diploma Maduro is one of my all time favorite cigars. the maduro wrapper adds a bit of sweet that the non-maduro version lacks. if you can get about 5+ years on this smoke you will be rewarded greatly.

the SLR maduro was my introduction to Camacho. i have always loved this cigar. it is sweet and smooth and has a long finish. i have not had the Habano version yet.

the Camacho Triple Maduro is very strong but very good. this is better aged. Coffee, Chocolate, musk and as it progresses it becomes woodier. it is a damn fine cigar.

i hope this helps
    kuzi16:
    Camacho is one of my favorite brands. (#4 for those keeping track). i have smoked almost all of their regular production cigars and many of the LEs. as far as regular production goes here are my thoughts (readers digest version alphabetical order):
    10th Anniversary is all Honduran Corojo and it tastes like it. there is plenty of the autumn flavors that i associate with corojo. it isnt overpowering. its just good.

the Camacho Candela is the only medium bodied Candela i can really think of that actually tastes like a Candela. (LFDs candela is medium also but doesnt have the taste of a candela to me) There are notes of grass and earth. the wrapper is a bit fragile and burns kind of flakey some times but it is a good smoke if you are in the mood for it.

the Camacho Connecticut is, in my opinion their weakest option in their line up. that being said, i still buy them and smoke them a few times a year. these do not benefit from age.

the Camacho Corojo is a cigar that i think of when i think of Corojo flavor. it is the first true corojo in the non-Cuban world. there is spice and autumn flavors. i make it a point to smoke these in the fall months. they compliment a campfire like no other cigar out there. i love this cigar. it ages well. it is inexpensive (under $8 for all sizes).

the Camacho Corojo Ltd is about the same cigar as the Corojo but i find it more approachable for the rest of the year. the extra age on the tobacco gives it a bit more floral taste that i enjoy quite a bit. this ages well also.
    the Corojo Ltd Diploma Maduro is one of my all time favorite cigars. the maduro wrapper adds a bit of sweet that the non-maduro version lacks. if you can get about 5+ years on this smoke you will be rewarded greatly.

the SLR maduro was my introduction to Camacho. i have always loved this cigar. it is sweet and smooth and has a long finish. i have not had the Habano version yet.

the Camacho Triple Maduro is very strong but very good. this is better aged. Coffee, Chocolate, musk and as it progresses it becomes woodier. it is a damn fine cigar.

i hope this helps
    Big time Kuzi. Thanks !
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Camacho makes the Room 101 Namakubi ecuador which I think is a fantastic stick.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO the ltd line nat/mad is a great line!! I like the 11/18's or robustos. The Havanas are not bad at all but IMO with rest get much better! I haven't met a camacho I wouldn't buy and they are becoming like padron has too me with a very nice line up and good qc.
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Corojo Ltd is pretty darn good. A very unique flavor. At first I didn't really like it ROTT but after a month in the humi and it was pretty nice.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Triple Maddy is a great cigar.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Thanks or the Camacho motivation!! Very tasty.
    Bigshizza:
    image Thanks or the Camacho motivation!! Very tasty.
    Arghhhhh !!!! Mouth is watering .
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    HUGE fan of Camacho Triple Maduro. They pack a punch, overall solid stick. i will never forget the first time I smoked it. Overall I think the Camacho line is pretty well built. I like the Corojos too. Ive also had the Liberty 2011 and 2009 in coffins, a real nice treat.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    armaes8:
    HUGE fan of Camacho Triple Maduro. They pack a punch, overall solid stick. i will never forget the first time I smoked it. Overall I think the Camacho line is pretty well built. I like the Corojos too. Ive also had the Liberty 2011 and 2009 in coffins, a real nice treat.
    Me too! I had my first about a month ago while down in Tampa. I bought it while in Maine, and it had about a year on it (it was very well traveled) and it jumped to the top of my maduro list. Just an all around great smoke all the way down.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America