Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Concert

reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
Just got out of the joe Walsh/bob seger concert! I have to say. They put on an awesome show!

Comments

• Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    Just got out of the joe Walsh/bob seger concert! I have to say. They put on an awesome show!
    Cool. I love Bob Seeger.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow sounds like guys older than me... Gotta be good!! What's the best concert you've ever been to?
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    That sounds like it would be a good show! I work for a audio/lighting co. From time to time delivering equipment to venues. There are techs in house that run the sound and lighting boards. A lot of times when I arrive there's a extra all access pass for me to enjoy the show. In all the yrs I've done it I've never done a bob sever show.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Wow sounds like guys older than me... Gotta be good!! What's the best concert you've ever been to?
    i went to a poison concert a looong time ago, before they were famous, that was probably the best
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    reggie713:
    Cool. I love Bob Seeger.
    I also love Bob Seegar, but Joe Walsh used to be absolutely AMAZING in concert. Saw him about 20 years ago, as he used to, by choice only play in small bar type, few hundred people venues...his speakers were the size of a small cars.
    I have only seen a few other guitarists who could do what Joe can do with his guitar...but NEVER when i was 10 feet from him, as Joe used to be. He would talk to individual people throughout the show like he was your BFF. I remember once when he asked me to get him a beer.

The only guys guitarists that i have seen in concert, that have similar skill-sets have been, with my reason (in brackets) have been Jeff Healey, whom also played small venues (like my hometown arena).

Luckily, i have been to see some amazing concerts, but the huge venue, while awesome just isnt the same. So, while impossible to know, this is a quick ordering of my favs from my memories of concerts, likely with some bias based upon my favourite songs, bands, experience, etc.:
    David Gilmour (sadly i only saw him post 'true' Floyd days of late 80's);
    Eddie Van Halen;
    the Edge from U2;
    Slash from GnR;
    Alex Lifeson of Rush;
    Mark Knopfler (only saw him in his dire straits days).

Guess i am dating myself...and revealing my musical preferences also. Don't seem to have/make time for concerts anymore.

Sorry to have hijacked your post Reggie...but it was kinda fun making this list, and a nice distraction from my life right now. (my mom had a stroke last weekend)
    P.S. the 'sunday morning view from my kitchen table' feature will NOT be a regular post...Vince did a great, unique job on that...where is that good old guy, i miss him in a weird sorta way (do a ccom search for 'sunday morning' if you classify yourself as a 'new vet' or newer)
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Jim that would be an interesting thread best concert you've been to! Best I've seen has to be Van Halen. I've seen them both with David Lee Roth, and Sammy Hagar. They were definitely better w/ David Lee Roth!