Home Cigar 101

Is it me?

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't tell which Arturo Fuente is what...?... I smoked a short story and noticed they came in Cameroon and Maduro.. How do you tell them and other AF's apart? I find it confusing, is there an answer to this mystery? Love this stick BTW

Comments

• insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Hehe you have the same problem huh?
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Not clear on what your asking.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Well the maduro is darker, but I'm sure you know that. But there's something about the stripes on the bands that I can never remember correctly that distinguishes AF's. There's a thread here somewhere...I think black is Hemingway (also the perfecto shape of course)? Green is something, red is something...Yeah, I'm not much help sorry.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    I have the same problem..almost every Fuente looks the same.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    I just find the AF's don't have identifiable markings so that you can easily tell them apart.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I can't tell which Arturo Fuente is what...?... I smoked a short story and noticed they came in Cameroon and Maduro.. How do you tell them and other AF's apart? I find it confusing, is there an answer to this mystery? Love this stick BTW
    Bigshizza:
    I just find the AF's don't have identifiable markings so that you can easily tell them apart.
    the Reserva line has green on the bottom of the band. those come in natural, maduro, candela and they are fairly easy to know what is what.
    Sungrown is black on the bottom of the band with a black ribbon on the foot
    Shade grown is green on the bottom of the band with a green ribbon on the foot.
    Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo
    Don Carlos has black on the bottom of the band and no ribbon
    the Hemingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes. the Hemingway maduro is very dark almost black, where as the cameroon is a rich tan.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I don't like Fuente, problem solved lol. Although magnum and opus with age rock, just not my thing, and they are confusing as hell.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    Ahh I git ya Big.
    No clue here either.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    The maduro Hemingways are nearly black - like the Anejo. Their shape also separates them from all other Fuente cigars. I like the camaroon Hemis but love the maddys. They are not always available.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why i have only purchased a few fuentes!! I have some hemmigways, and somehing else.... i dont even know what. Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Yeah it's like I have a various bag of AF's and they are clear as mud to me. I like the cigars in general and they certainly have some age after ignoring them for about a year. Thanks Kuzi for the info.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I wonder is they use the same band to control costs?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Bigshizza:
    I wonder is they use the same band to control costs?
    I doubt fuente is trying to save money on bands. I bet it is for continuity and brand recognition. You see a fuente band and you know what it is (but not what line, lol!!) Arturo Fuente is such a huge name in cigars, why not use that icon everywhere they can?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    This link might be helpful:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/24681-Fuente-Newman-Cigar-Guide
    Bigshizza:
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    did you all miss my post in this very thread that explains it all?
    kuzi16:
    the Reserva line has green on the bottom of the band. those come in natural, maduro, candela and they are fairly easy to know what is what.
    the Hemingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes. the Hemingway maduro is very dark almost black, where as the cameroon is a rich tan.

• stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    I can solve your problem Jim. Just send them to me and has I smoke each one I'll tell you what it is. :)
    kuzi16:
    did you all miss my post in this very thread that explains it all?
    kuzi16:

Thanks again Matt...may have to laminate this list