Size :Belicoso
Construction : Box Press, Good Build, Visible seams
Draw : Excellent
Burn :Excellent
Spice : On draw, fleeting at finish
Pepper : Soft White Pepper at first light to 4th or fifth draw
Aroma : Semi Sweet Tobacco mixed with Semi sweet Spice
Complexity : Good/Great
First light : I immediately get a blast of white pepper and spice with aged oak woody taste that quickly fades
1/3 into I get the slight white pepper spice and undertones of mellow aged oak with a slight sweetness, finish is smooth and last until the next draw
2/3 into it The pepper has disappeared, retrohale still proves there is some pepper left but does not effect the palette or throat. The cigar now is mellowing a lot and comes to an almost creamy finish with hints of peat and slight leather. Finish now is very smooth
Final third into it, the spice and pepper nearly gone now, Aroma is tantalizing leaving me wanting something more. A hard to identify aroma. Cigar is still cool draw and burn is razor sharp as it has been throughout. Finished the cigar around 1hr 10 minutes.

In a nutshell: Overall a great cigar,perfect no, great = close. Could use a little aging to let the blend marry just slightly. I really enjoyed the smoke and would not feel embarrassed to hand one to even the seasoned BOTL.
I rate using a 1 to 5 scale with each digit quartered
My Rating on this fine stogie: 4.0
Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. I have one of these in a tubo and I have been wondering about them. It sounds pretty good from your review! I will have to burn it soon. Thanks!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    One of my favorite sticks. A good one to smoke with a BOTL
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great cigar for sure especially with a bit of sleep on it.
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    It is a very good smoke indeed.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really solid, a great go-to anytime
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a very solid stick! IMO they rushed the reserva but this line is better. Don't really know why they tried to get fancy with it
    Money can't buy taste
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    This is a very solid stick! IMO they rushed the reserva but this line is better. Don't really know why they tried to get fancy with it
    Thats too bad Lee. Was looking into a couple of those. But if it aint broke........
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Thats too bad Lee. Was looking into a couple of those. But if it aint broke........
    it could've just been me but the only good flavored were under where the reserva band is and that's how long they lasted. I talked to the rep about it and a few other guys...the rep saw nothing wrong with them but he was also very stuck up!! The rest of the guys said they wouldn't buy again...but again everyone has a different opinion
    Money can't buy taste
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I agree with that review. I really love the "regular" La Aroma de Cubas for their strength and spiciness, so I thought because these were rated higher they'd be just as good. They're fine, but they are much milder and much more "peaty' than the original. I tend to favor cigars with strong flavors. so this one didn't charm me as much as the original.