Home Ratings & Reviews

UF-13

Curious to hear from other guys who have smoked this. I was pretty underwhelmed, but that may just because of the hype. Judged on its own merit, it is by all means a very good cigar. Smooth leather, cocoa, and cream. But I didn't really get any transitions and there wasn't a lot of complexity. No spice at all. I remember thinking at the time that if I just want classic maduro smoothness, I'd prefer to smoke one of the Macanudo Vintage maduros. Again, a good cigar, but I just don't see where it has added anything unique to the Drew Estate lineup. I prefer the T52 AND #9, and it's nowhere close to the Feral Pig. Now, in fairness, I don't smoke a ton of DE stuff, and it was only 24hrs off the truck when I smoked it. I have another resting and will give it another 6 weeks or so.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the #9, T52, and FFP, but I have been underwhelmed by all the other Unico series releases. I'm not sure what it is, but they just haven't wowed me. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple UF-13's when they show up locally, but I'm in no hurry to chase them down. Maybe the lower expectations will help?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Personally i love them, one of the best ligas so far but you all know i love DE. Now i had one of the aged ones that cigar.com had and i also have smoked a fresh one. I preferred the aged one but i also don't enjoy a lot of spice in my cigars and prefer my No.9s and T52s with age. They wont be for everyone. I just picked up a box and half myself.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I love the Dirty Rat, the Ratzilla, the Feral Flying Pig, as well as the "core" LP9 lineup, but the UF-13 didn't do anything for me.
    There was an unusual pistachio flavor involved that threw things off enough to make them not enjoyable.
  • Did you order a few? Give the other a week to rest and give it a second go.

I have gotten impatient before and ruined my experience by smoking too quickly after delivery.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I was looking into getting a few of these but I haven't heard much about them. The #9 is my favorite but a buddy loves the T52s. Both are great smokes. It seems like the T52s are overlooked because most people want the #9s. Are the UF-13s a bit more rare? Not going to even talk about the FFP. ........Ridiculous!
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    armaes8:
    I was looking into getting a few of these but I haven't heard much about them. The #9 is my favorite but a buddy loves the T52s. Both are great smokes. It seems like the T52s are overlooked because most people want the #9s. Are the UF-13s a bit more rare? Not going to even talk about the FFP. ........Ridiculous!
    UF-13 were just released not that long ago i think beginning of the month.. So being able to find them shouldnt be too hard just yet.. And FFP, dirty rats and L40s are suppose to be regular production cigars (as regular as ligas can be), but as you know Ligas can be hard to find sometimes so it will be like that..
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I love the #9, T52, and FFP, but I have been underwhelmed by all the other Unico series releases. I'm not sure what it is, but they just haven't wowed me. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple UF-13's when they show up locally, but I'm in no hurry to chase them down. Maybe the lower expectations will help?
    I'm completely with Tony on this one. I really enjoy fresh 9, T52, FFP but very underwhelmed by their "unicos" stuff (ie ratzilla, UF stuff). Overall, I can't justify the cost of these cigars. Plus, more and more, these things just expode on me
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Jliu maybe you need a new lighter. did you get your camera fixed?
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    armaes8:
    Jliu maybe you need a new lighter. did you get your camera fixed?
    hahah I have come a ways since you last knew me. fixed fixed!